Post is now re: 1962 Daytona Hardtop Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post is now re: 1962 Daytona Hardtop Value

I need a value ASAP for a #2 and #3 condition 62 Daytona 2dr Hardtop, six automatic....need a value from Old Cars price guide, NOT NADA!

Thanks

Ha, found the price guide,immediatly but not my glasses. I believe it says #3=$6,530 #2=$10,150 Deduct 5% for the 6 cyl. My Old Cars Price Guide is dated October, 2007

Gary Hildebrandt
    Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Ha, found the price guide,immediatly but not my glasses. I believe it says #3=$6,530 #2=$10,150 Deduct 5% for the 6 cyl. My Old Cars Price Guide is dated October, 2007

Gary Hildebrandt
      Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Same issue and Huck is correct on the pricing. Who says you need glasses Huck?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1794.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Same issue and Huck is correct on the pricing. Who says you need glasses Huck?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I just told the court yesterday that you should use the Old Car guide to buy cars, it's so out of date. My condition 2, V8 62 Daytona V8 sold for 14K last year.

JDP/Maryland
            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
            64 GT R2
            63 Lark 2 door
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I just told the court yesterday that you should use the Old Car guide to buy cars, it's so out of date. My condition 2, V8 62 Daytona V8 sold for 14K last year.

JDP/Maryland
              64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
              64 GT R2
              63 Lark 2 door
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I saw this car; lots of work in it for sure!

Kent, if you're asking solely about ins. value, my experience is they base value on model and visible stuff. Any mechanical work won't enter into the value at all- as ridiculous as that is![}]

I recommend Hagerty! They go by agreed-upon value; they ask for a picture, ask what amount you think would be fair replacement value in the event of a total loss, and that's it! No mileage limits, either[^] All they require is that you show proof of a currently licensed and insured modern vehicle (to show the insured classic won't be your sole transportation). My 65 Linc. conv. is insured for $25K agreed-upon value for $210 per year.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I saw this car; lots of work in it for sure!

Kent, if you're asking solely about ins. value, my experience is they base value on model and visible stuff. Any mechanical work won't enter into the value at all- as ridiculous as that is![}]

I recommend Hagerty! They go by agreed-upon value; they ask for a picture, ask what amount you think would be fair replacement value in the event of a total loss, and that's it! No mileage limits, either[^] All they require is that you show proof of a currently licensed and insured modern vehicle (to show the insured classic won't be your sole transportation). My 65 Linc. conv. is insured for $25K agreed-upon value for $210 per year.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I have no intention of selling the car. This is my baby (nicknamed "ruby")I restored it for myself to take to shows and etc. But God forbid something would ever happen to it, I'd like the insurance value to allow me to replace it with a 62 hardtop in similar condition. Not sure, but I doubt I could get a 62 hardtop in #2 condition to replace it for $6,500.....

Unfortunately I am stuck with State Farm as Hagerty and most other classic-only insurance companies will not insure a classic car to an individual under 26-30 years old.

Kent

Comment

I have no intention of selling the car. This is my baby (nicknamed "ruby")I restored it for myself to take to shows and etc. But God forbid something would ever happen to it, I'd like the insurance value to allow me to replace it with a 62 hardtop in similar condition. Not sure, but I doubt I could get a 62 hardtop in #2 condition to replace it for $6,500.....

Unfortunately I am stuck with State Farm as Hagerty and most other classic-only insurance companies will not insure a classic car to an individual under 26-30 years old.

Kent

Comment

State Farm is fine, but document everything! Take plenty of clear pictures. It would be worth the $100 or whatever an appraisal is at this point but find someone who knows Studebakers. Maybe JDP can get you something in writing based on the pictures? In either case you need to be prepared before a loss.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

State Farm is fine, but document everything! Take plenty of clear pictures. It would be worth the $100 or whatever an appraisal is at this point but find someone who knows Studebakers. Maybe JDP can get you something in writing based on the pictures? In either case you need to be prepared before a loss.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Well Kent; I am sure you understand that $9642.50 (95% of #2 condition $10,150.00) is not going to happen for a '62 Daytona Hardtop with a 170 engine!

I think one of the reasons Bill Oliver says that, is that a big piece of a Daytona HARDTOP's value is the "Sporty" theme: bucket seats, Hardtop styling, powerful V-8 engine, maybe 4 brl. carb., dual exhausts and twin Traction or even a 4 speed. []
                            Take all that away (except the seats & windows), and what have you got? Might as well be a Deluxe 2dr. post Sedan cheapie![}]

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well Kent; I am sure you understand that $9642.50 (95% of #2 condition $10,150.00) is not going to happen for a '62 Daytona Hardtop with a 170 engine!

I think one of the reasons Bill Oliver says that, is that a big piece of a Daytona HARDTOP's value is the "Sporty" theme: bucket seats, Hardtop styling, powerful V-8 engine, maybe 4 brl. carb., dual exhausts and twin Traction or even a 4 speed. []
                              Take all that away (except the seats & windows), and what have you got? Might as well be a Deluxe 2dr. post Sedan cheapie![}]

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X