39th annual La Palma Car Show 5-26-13 - Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39th annual La Palma Car Show 5-26-13 - Pictures

Just came home from the Orange Empire Chapter's 39th annual car show at La Palma Park in Anaheim California.
    There was a pretty good turn out 90 or so cars, a few less than last year.
    More parts for sale than I've ever seen. A lot of people looking and talking about the cars.
    I was watching the judges, could not believe how into their job they were. Very thorough!

Click on the picture below to see a couple hundred pictures that I took at the show.

Got me....#28 amd #29.

Thanks.

Actually the swap area was a litle light as was...as you say the car count. I was hoping to buy some "new" Stude stuff, rubber parts and such, but none of the somewaht normal vendors showed up.

I didn't show up last year, be previous years, had..mayby half again the car count. I didn't count the cars, but just going by the amount of green grass vs. old iron....lots of green grass this year.

Still overall...I spent a few bucks in the swap area, talked with a few friends, looked at some nice cars, hung around till just after 1pm, and I headed off for home.

Mike

Comment

Holy purple Hawk batman .

Comment

Hey Wootsupp:
        Great pictures. Thanks for the nice comment about the judges. I was a judge today for the first time ever. It ain't easy!
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Great pictures and thank you for posting.
          Can a person still buy a meet T-Shirt? How much?
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Awwww shucks, I would have bought a t-shirt for La Palma too if I had seen them! I did get one for the international coming up in a little over a month now! Swap meet area seemed to have more sellers than in previous years but as Mike said some of the usual's weren't there (Ed Reynolds for one didn't make the trip this time.... we miss seeing our ole buddy) but got some neat goodies for my Zip Van that were unexpected.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The purple hawk was in honor of the Purple Heart Society. Nicely done.

A lot of nice cars there.

Unfortunately no pix of all the forum members. Many of us stopped by Doug's car, but forgot to take pictures.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by WOOTSUPPP View Post
                Just came home from the Orange Empire Chapter's 39th annual car show at La Palma Park in Anaheim California.
                There was a pretty good turn out 90 or so cars, a few less than last year.
                More parts for sale than I've ever seen. A lot of people looking and talking about the cars.
                I was watching the judges, could not believe how into their job they were. Very thorough!

Click on the picture below to see a couple hundred pictures that I took at the show.
                No link for me to click on, now what?
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Once I posted my comment I got the link, thanks for sharing .
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

It was a great meet even though there were a few less cars than last year. I saw many cars this year that I hadn't seen in prior years. Wootsupp, thanks for the great pictures, especially the one of my Hawk. Bud

Comment

Thanks for attending La Palma and posting the pictures. As I walked around I was impressed at the high quality of the cars presented.

Comment

One of best Stude pics postings ever! Thanks very much. #68 is a beauty, possibly in the rareified air of STU COOL. One thing does puzzle me. If the interior shot #173 goes with the car #172, is that correct?
                        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

#68 belongs to Alex Magdaleno, methinks.
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Thanx a lot for Posting all the Pix of this Show . I look forward to
                            someone doing it every Year . Particularly loved the Pic # 167 & 8
                            of the 1958 President Starlight . What a great looking automobile .

No 'Alphahues' with his beautiful Black 1958 Packard Starlight this year ?

CRUISER

Comment

Paintim613 - the windshield card and the flag are in the same place.

Comment

Working...
                              X