Rare 61 parts on a custom Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare 61 parts on a custom Hawk

I found one set of upper rear stainless trims just an hour away but the owner wants to put them on a 1959 Chevy hawk driver the car has been striped of all its Studebaker and no tail fins. His car has been painted but no holes drilled yet as far as i know. Please someone talk him out of this im sure hes on the forms. its just a custom car any stainless will work, he even has other trim that will fit with some minor custom work. This is a very low production part then add in that half were scrapped most likely, please dont wast a rare part on a custom, let it go back were it belongs.
    Can someone please give me the part # i found the illustration # as i just dont have the book, 1604-61-1
    Last edited by Rocket442; 05-26-2013, 06:11 AM.
    USASTUDE

52 views no comments? - Well I suppose I could say the first one,... his car, his parts, his taste, his decision, his money.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Probably the only thing that will get those mouldings away from him is a CASH offer. Yes,they are very hard to find,and they are left and right. I think I still have mine,but someone cut the end off of a right one to use it on the left side. [the car had wrecked long ago,apparently even back years ago they couldn't find the stainless,the lr fender and fin were replaced] After a few years of searching,I found a modern plastic chrome moulding to replace those fins mldgs with. BTW- the difference from left to right is only the angle at the end nearest the taillight.
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Found the left side.
        Someone must have the Right side, upper 1961 only.
        I might have some parts you need im also willing to trade.
        I will send you a prepaid box if needed ready to go with all the packing material, just throw in the trim and mail it.
        Dont get me wrong im not wealthy im only trying to find the parts for a 53 year car.
        Last edited by Rocket442; 06-02-2013, 01:43 PM.
        USASTUDE

Comment

Tricked again. The passenger upper looks like its been modified to fit, it has not been modified its original equipment. This tricked a few of us into believing it was cut. Ive seen three others exactly the same and feel confident it left the factory unfinished making it look like someone just hacked it off.

I have a set of rear uppers for sale.
          For Resurrection of a 61 only, sorry hot rodders.
          Driver condition in need of some light straightening, sanding and polishing.
          $140. packed and shipped in pvc tube.
          Last edited by Rocket442; 07-18-2013, 07:22 AM.
          USASTUDE

Comment

Working...
          X