"Studebaker Cars" by James H. Moloney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Studebaker Cars" by James H. Moloney

I was just curious where "Studebaker Cars" by James H. Moloney stands among the desired books of Studebaker affectionados. I picked up a copy by happenstance today. While I own a Studebaker, it is only one of seven different cars I have. Therefore, if I sought and kept every piece of literature available for all my cars, I'd need the space of the local public library for storage.

I see on the internet people asking upwards of $150 for this reputed "out of print" book. But what one asks, and what one gets, can often be two different things. The reason I'm inquiring is that among the Sunbeam Tiger folks there is a book titled "The Book of Norman" ( the authors name in Norm Miller). There were a 1,000 copies made for the approximate 3,500 Tiger owners. Then, before another printing could begin the publisher went of business and the plates destroyed. The rules of supply and demand pushed this $50 book to a high of $3,455 a few years ago. While that was a one time occurrence the "depressed economy" going rate is still over $1,000.

So, I'm trying to get a handle on the desire and value of Moloney's "Studebaker Cars." I'm not sure if the reputed "out of print" status will drive up the price (and I should hold onto it) or it has average interest and I'd be better off selling it.

Thanks, Tom
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

A bunch of us have a copy for the pictures. There are MANY mistakes in it, and we wish they would issue a 2nd edition with corrections.
    It is not out of print. There are many folks ASKING big bucks for the book on eBay, but I think it's worth less than $50. I've picked up several copies for less than $25, and then donate them to auctions at zone meets.

Now sit back and let the experts weigh in.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
    X