Good to see Studebakers on the road in Spokane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see Studebakers on the road in Spokane

I spotted two Studebakers on the road today in the Spokane area. Do these sound familiar to anyone?

I drove across the state with my daughter so she could spend the weekend with a good friend of hers, and I was riding shotgun with her as she builds the minimum hours to get her drivers license.

I spotted the first as I was getting ready to leave town and head home. After topping off my tank, I spotted an all red truck heading north on Freya St. near I-90 about 2:30 PM. I'm not familiar with all the trucks, but it looked like a '54 or '55, with tie-down rails along the long edges of the bed, and a very faded tri-color SDC sticker in the back window behind the driver. The driver was a white male with longish graying hair.

About 40 minutes later as I was heading west on I-90 at mile post 250, I saw a '62 or '63 Lark 4-door heading east. I'm guessing it was rose mist or some other light color, and appeared to be heavily weighed down in the trunk.

Mark
    Mark L

That Rose Mist Lark will be the Bell's on the way to the Northwest Overdrive in Lethbridge. I hope to see you there tomorrow!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      That Rose Mist Lark will be the Bell's on the way to the Northwest Overdrive in Lethbridge.
      That would be a nice surprise if true, but I doubt that was them.
      That car is pretty much buried in the middle of their building.

Besides- last I heard- their NorthWest Over Drive plan involves a truck.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
        I spotted two Studebakers on the road today in the Spokane area. Do these sound familiar to anyone? I spotted an all red truck heading north on Freya St. near I-90 about 2:30 PM. I'm not familiar with all the trucks, but it looked like a '54 or '55, with tie-down rails along the long edges of the bed, and a very faded tri-color SDC sticker in the back window behind the driver. The driver was a white male with longish graying hair.Mark
        Hi, Mark,

That was me, working hard, but ultimately failing to get my '55 E12 ready for the Northwest Overdrive. The drivetrain is all-new; Packard Caribbean V8, T89, TwinTraction Dana 60, GM PS, Vintage Air. With that many new parts to get in sync, there are always teething problems. A small leak, a noise on decel I haven't been able to identify, mirror to mount. It might have made it to Lethbridge and back, but I won't be making the run.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Jack, I was the one who rolled up on your left side in the white Camry wagon. Nice truck. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. I would have liked to have seen it.

Mark
          Mark L

Comment

Working...
          X