dip stick hold down wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dip stick hold down wire

Does anyone have the wire that wraps around the starter that holds the dipstick in the block of a 170 cu.in flat 6. Its for my 50 Champion. Thank you Rick

If I remember, I'll look. I have a core 170 layin' out back.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've never heard of a wire to hold down the oil dipstick. The dipstick shouldn't go anywhere when the engine is running. I have the 170 engine in my Lark. Any comments from forum members?
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

on my '51, the oil filler/dipstick is up next to the generator. i don't know if it is "supposed" to be there, but it is.

i went thru my pics file, and found one pic of the area on my '40 before i painted the engine. i don't see any wire to the starter. if you can, post a pic of the area on your '50.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0437.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1680119
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Here's a picture of it in this thread

RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks-Radio Roy for the pic. I know the wire sounds a little different. But, without the wire I don't know what holds the dipstick in place.....Everything else is original on the car. So I won't give up till I find one(A non-original replica is not an option) . Thanks Rick

Comment

Go to Studebaker International's website - click "shop by catagory" - then where it says "item number" , type in 525898 and hit GO
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X