Fourth to last Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth to last Avanti

Wow!...The fourth to last Avanti that Studebaker made is on e-bay right now.

Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Right up the road from me. I'm tempted. . .
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Would like to see pictures of the frame and hog troughs !!!! Big problems if they are rotted out $$$$$$

Comment

Looks to originally be an 'Avanti Red' car (Or maybe 'Avanti Maroon'?)

Comment

I have a hunch that there will be a 'Rush' of bids on this Avanti in the last few moments of this auction.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              Looks to originally be an 'Avanti Red' car (Or maybe 'Avanti Maroon'?)
              Or gold? Looks to have changed colours as often as South American Governments!

Comment

Hog trough's are seldom rusted on both sides. They are not as big a deal as most people make them out to be. I would rather have an Avanti project that needs a trough replaced than a Studebaker that needs new floor pans.

Originally posted by avanti76 View Post
                Would like to see pictures of the frame and hog troughs !!!! Big problems if they are rotted out $$$$$$

Comment

Here's what the production order says for Avanti R-5640: The car was originally made as an R1. Options: Avanti Gold, Black Vinyl interior, Powershift, power steering, electric windows, electric washers, AM radio, rear seat speaker, Twin Traction, sun band, adjustable steering wheel, seat belts. Engine number RK 323, body no. 4409, shipped to Springfield, OR. Shipping date: 7-2-64.

There are two PO copies...the first one showed the car was originally specified to have a supercharger; the second one said "Cancel item 28...car built less supercharger".

'Hope this helps anyone interested.

George
                  george krem

Comment

That's very interesting.....looks like someone swaped the tilt steering column for a supercharger!

Comment

And they had already installed the 160 speedo before it was decided to build it as an R-1!

Comment

Working...
                      X