Additional Lodging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Lodging

Check page 15 of September TURNING WHEELS for additional lodging adjacent to the Lancaster Host Meet Headquarters. And THANKS to Richard Dormois for his boundless energy and enthusiasm.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

While I was disappointed not to get into the meet hotel, I was thankful to notice the warning on this group that I needed to made a reservation now. I cannot remember ever getting reservations over a year in advance. I was able to get 3 reservations at the hotel next store to the meet headquarters. Yes that is right, 3 rooms. I saw the other thread talking about the timing of this meet and the conflict with schools. We use to always take the two daughters to meets. We would normally do the meet for a week (dad's time) and then a second week on the beach or shopping or ???. I was shocked last month when both I was talking with the daughters whom are both out of college and making their own way. I was talking about the meet and how I was looking forward to touring that part of the country. They both about knocked me off my chair when they said they would also really like to go to Lancaster. Apparently the memories from Orlando, Estes Park, etc, have a special place in their hearts. When my mom died last month they were going through pictures and kept on talking about the memories they had from the meets as they looked at meet pictures over the years. And I thought they were going to the meets just to make me happy!

Thanks to the club, members and vendors whom have helped to make these memorable vacations for my family. They especially remember John from Autosport in Tennessee whom always use to talk with them and pull their chains as they were looking at his shirts and specialty items he use to sell.

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk
    1964 Convertable
    1967 Avanti
    Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

While I was disappointed not to get into the meet hotel, I was thankful to notice the warning on this group that I needed to made a reservation now. I cannot remember ever getting reservations over a year in advance. I was able to get 3 reservations at the hotel next store to the meet headquarters. Yes that is right, 3 rooms. I saw the other thread talking about the timing of this meet and the conflict with schools. We use to always take the two daughters to meets. We would normally do the meet for a week (dad's time) and then a second week on the beach or shopping or ???. I was shocked last month when both I was talking with the daughters whom are both out of college and making their own way. I was talking about the meet and how I was looking forward to touring that part of the country. They both about knocked me off my chair when they said they would also really like to go to Lancaster. Apparently the memories from Orlando, Estes Park, etc, have a special place in their hearts. When my mom died last month they were going through pictures and kept on talking about the memories they had from the meets as they looked at meet pictures over the years. And I thought they were going to the meets just to make me happy!

Thanks to the club, members and vendors whom have helped to make these memorable vacations for my family. They especially remember John from Autosport in Tennessee whom always use to talk with them and pull their chains as they were looking at his shirts and specialty items he use to sell.

Milt

1961 Hawk
      1964 Convertable
      1967 Avanti
      Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

For the campers there is a campground across the street of the Host Hotel, Old Mill Stream Campground. That information is in the Lancaster Meet Book.
        Lynda

duane miller

Comment

For the campers there is a campground across the street of the Host Hotel, Old Mill Stream Campground. That information is in the Lancaster Meet Book.
          Lynda

duane miller

Comment

Information on Campgrounds (Old Mill Stream Campground is right across from the Host)is on the meet website at http://www.sdcmeet.com, or you can download the Meet Planning Guide in .PDF format at http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com, and just follow the links

Comment

Information on Campgrounds (Old Mill Stream Campground is right across from the Host)is on the meet website at http://www.sdcmeet.com, or you can download the Meet Planning Guide in .PDF format at http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com, and just follow the links

Comment

I called the today and the block of rooms for the Studebaker Club is full

Ebon...

Comment

I called the today and the block of rooms for the Studebaker Club is full

Ebon...

Comment

Call the Quality Inn which is two doors west of the Host on the same side of the street with a walking path to the Host. Also believe that the Continentl Inn across the street still has rooms. If these are also full go to www.padutchcountry.com and check other nearby motels and hotels. We have blocked in excess of 600+ rooms for the meet.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Call the Quality Inn which is two doors west of the Host on the same side of the street with a walking path to the Host. Also believe that the Continentl Inn across the street still has rooms. If these are also full go to www.padutchcountry.com and check other nearby motels and hotels. We have blocked in excess of 600+ rooms for the meet.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I just stayed at the Lancaster Host this weekend for another unrelated event. The main auditoriom is totally unique and of a world class level but will the club be using this? I write because while that was amazing, the Hotel to me was sub-par. The rooms had no refridgerator and the look was 1970's. You have to walk a mile to get you tour rooms (for me that's good but not sure others will go for that. The pools (indoor) is cracked and inop. The outdoor one will likely be closed then so what is the attraction for the host hotel? All I saw was a ring of parking around the building. Where will the Concourse be held? My guess is in the grass area on the north side. Just curious but if you get in another hotel I think you would be better off. I may cancel my reservations for a Hotel down the street as I feel these rooms ought to be $65 or less.

Ches in So.Dakota
                        55 Commander Coupe in parts.

Comment

I just stayed at the Lancaster Host this weekend for another unrelated event. The main auditoriom is totally unique and of a world class level but will the club be using this? I write because while that was amazing, the Hotel to me was sub-par. The rooms had no refridgerator and the look was 1970's. You have to walk a mile to get you tour rooms (for me that's good but not sure others will go for that. The pools (indoor) is cracked and inop. The outdoor one will likely be closed then so what is the attraction for the host hotel? All I saw was a ring of parking around the building. Where will the Concourse be held? My guess is in the grass area on the north side. Just curious but if you get in another hotel I think you would be better off. I may cancel my reservations for a Hotel down the street as I feel these rooms ought to be $65 or less.

Ches in So.Dakota
                          55 Commander Coupe in parts.

Comment

Ches: GOOD LUCK on the '65 dollar room down the street'. Our illustrious SDC VP has seen to it that all rooms in the surrounding area are 99 dollars per night for that week.

toyman

Comment

Ches: GOOD LUCK on the '65 dollar room down the street'. Our illustrious SDC VP has seen to it that all rooms in the surrounding area are 99 dollars per night for that week.

toyman

Comment

Working...
                              X