Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: York AC seal

Hi
    I have a York compressor in my '63 Avanti. I believe it is original. I need a new shaft seal before I switch to 134a.
    Can anyone tell me the correct seal and where I might buy one.
    Thanks
    Graham
    www.kgworks.ca/studeparts

Originally posted by kg.works View Post
    Hi
    I have a York compressor in my '63 Avanti. I believe it is original. I need a new shaft seal before I switch to 134a.
    Can anyone tell me the correct seal and where I might buy one.
    Thanks
    Graham
    I got a seal kit for the York in my '64 Wagonaire from Phil Jones, J&N Auto Air Conditioning, in Harlingen, Texas last year. They are long-time Studebaker people. Phil's brother Ebon (Railway on the Forum), now retired from the business, is on the SDC Board.
    You might be able to find a seal locally, but Phil and Ebon are very knowledgeable and provide good service.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by 53k View Post
      I got a seal kit for the York in my '64 Wagonaire from Phil Jones, J&N Auto Air Conditioning, in Harlingen, Texas last year. They are long-time Studebaker people. Phil's brother Ebon (Railway on the Forum), now retired from the business, is on the SDC Board.
      You might be able to find a seal locally, but Phil and Ebon are very knowledgeable and provide good service.
      Thanks 53k. I'll take that contact and see what I can get.
      www.kgworks.ca/studeparts

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have a couple seal kits and a gasket set for the York. PM me if you are stuck.

You understand that the seal is a carbon disc/steel plate arrangement and not necessary to change for the conversion, unless leaking.
        Last edited by WCP; 05-24-2013, 06:23 AM. Reason: Added comment

Comment

Working...
        X