I need a grille for a '37 President sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a grille for a '37 President sedan

I need a complete grille for a '37 President sedan. I heard a "rumor" that there was more than one grille for the '37 President. Is this accurate?
    Thanks
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

NO, THE RUMOR IS INCORRECT (WHO WOULD START SUCH A RUMOR??). THE GRILLES FOR THE '37 DICTATOR, PRESIDENT AND COUPE EXPRESS ARE ALL THE SAME, even for those with the sun air tops).

Click image for larger version

Name:	sun air top2 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1680066
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks very much Richard!
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

Howard, There is a 37 grill for sale on the Salina Kansas Craigslist with pics. Check it out.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
          Howard, There is a 37 grill for sale on the Salina Kansas Craigslist with pics. Check it out.

Mark
          Here it is. Looks nice but doesn't have the top part.

Comment

Thanks Jewell and Bordeaux Daytona! I'll check it out.
            Also, I can't seem to find contact info for for Jerry Kaiser in Turning Wheels. Can someone help me with that? I was informed that Jerry is parting a '37 President.
            Thanks again to everyone!

Comment

There is a top part on Ebay.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1937 Studebaker LOWER HOOD SIDES attach to bottom of hood at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Same seller has other related parts, too.
              Last edited by kurtruk; 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

While the grilles themselves are identical between the President and Dictator/Coupe-Express, the fence attached to the bottom of the hood (that seems to be an extension of the grille) is very different in length for the President due to the longer hood over the straight eight engine. Tom

Comment

Jerry Kaiser contact info

Jerry Kaiser
                  studeblu@earthlink.net

Marana, AZ
                  (520) 979-0065

Comment

Working...
                  X