Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a 1984 Avanti II that might be slipping thru the cracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a 1984 Avanti II that might be slipping thru the cracks?

Transform your operations with our heavy equipment auctions! Browse through farm equipment, construction equipment, and more. ✓ Check online today!

I see what You mean......This '84 Touring Coupe was definitely someone's 'Pampered Baby'! NICE CAR!!!!!

Comment

BUMP---Looks like someone might get a deal?$6500.00( with 30 min. left at 9:30 CDT)----I know there are alot of if,ands and buts,a 1983 went for almost $14000.00 last week.

Transform your operations with our heavy equipment auctions! Browse through farm equipment, construction equipment, and more. ✓ Check online today!

Tony
      Last edited by tony58; 06-12-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I was oooooh so tempted but ended up showing great personal restraint and let the auction run its course.

Comment

Originally posted by 30seagrave View Post
          I was oooooh so tempted but ended up showing great personal restraint and let the auction run its course.
          I was high bidder umtil 8:30 this morning.I had talked to the guy that was in charge of selling it ,he said there was no rust in the hog troughs.He wouldn't say about any more rust in the frame.Also said he was selling it for a friend,that I couldn't talk to.Said he had just put a new battery in it and it ran PRETTY good?So I didn't go higher because of the hassle factor.Wished I could have went and looked at it undereath.Oh well,There is always another one.But it shore was PRETTY...
          Tony

Comment

I'm sure you can always trust a guy who won't answer questions and who claims to be selling it "for a friend" so he doesn't know anything about it.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Yes, I have learned the hard way on buying Studebakers without either going to see them or pay for a professional look-see,and that was buying for a dealer or from someone in the automotive industry. I have less faith in someone just trying to flip a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by tony58 View Post
                I was high bidder umtil 8:30 this morning.I had talked to the guy that was in charge of selling it ,he said there was no rust in the hog troughs.He wouldn't say about any more rust in the frame.Also said he was selling it for a friend,that I couldn't talk to.Said he had just put a new battery in it and it ran PRETTY good?So I didn't go higher because of the hassle factor.Wished I could have went and looked at it undereath.Oh well,There is always another one.But it shore was PRETTY...
                Tony
                The down side of the sellers disinterest is that if the hog troughs and frame are in decent shape, he cost his friend several thousand dollars. The only real obvious problem is wear on the drivers side seat bolster which could be easily remedied with proper conservation.

Somebody got a good deal, I'll bet.

Bob

Comment

I am smiling today. This car belonged to a gentleman whom use to have an Avanti Dealership here in St. Louis. It was his personal little baby.

I did not go look at it as I figured it would be out of my price range. When the bids were hanging low, I could not resist. I am anxious to get it.
                  Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                  1961 Hawk 4-speed
                  1967 Avanti
                  1961 Lark 2 door
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
                    I am smiling today. This car belonged to a gentleman whom use to have an Avanti Dealership here in St. Louis. It was his personal little baby.

I did not go look at it as I figured it would be out of my price range. When the bids were hanging low, I could not resist. I am anxious to get it.
                    I'll be interested in your observations when you get it but from the pictures available I think you should were a mask. I'll bet you stole it.

Nice car, Bob

Comment

Way to go.Glad somebody here on the forum got the car.I would have paid alot more if he had sent me pictures of the under side.I couldn't get Roy to say alot.Like someone said that cost the seller at least $2,000 or more.If its in good shape you got it for arond 1/2 price...
                      Thanks,
                      Tony

Comment

It is sort of a sad situation. Ron, the owner unexpectedly passed away at a fairly young age. His brother, a high school band instructor, got cancer and also died. These two events happened close together leaving his elderly parents to handle the estates. I cannot imagine what it is like having your only two boys die before you. Roy was Ron's business partner and is helping his mother sale the car. I last saw the car several years back when I stopped in to look at a bullet nose Ron was selling on his used car lot.
                        Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                        1967 Avanti
                        1961 Lark 2 door
                        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

It is sort of a sad situation. Ron, the owner unexpectedly passed away at a fairly young age. His brother, a high school band instructor, got cancer and also died. These two events happened close together leaving his elderly parents to handle the estates. I cannot imagine what it is like having your only two boys die before you. Roy was Ron's business partner and is helping his mother sale the car. I last saw the car several years back when I stopped in to look at a bullet nose Ron was selling on his used car lot.
                          Well Milt...you may have gotten a "deal" and some will envy you for it. My experience with families who have suffered such tragedies is that it usually isn't about the money. It often represents pain and memories/responsibilities that are just hard to deal with. Having it go to someone who will appreciate the car in a manner the deceased owner would have, is as important as financial gain.

My take is that I'm glad someone, who really cares and appreciates the car, stepped up and bought it. Having knowledge and being in touch with its history...even better. Good luck with it and keep us informed on your progress and experience with it.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Lew also told me her husband died within last year....what a terrible situation to be in.
                            Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948
                            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I now have the car, it appears to have been well maintained. The only problem I have found is the tires are out of alignment and it had a shimmy about it when I drove it home. The tires are from 2003 so it is about time anyway. There is no rust on the frame, it still has paint on it. The A/C was converted to 134 and I have not yet checked that out. I am sure I will find little things as I check it out.

It has a great sound about it and rides real nice
                              Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                              1967 Avanti
                              1961 Lark 2 door
                              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
                              X