57 Golden Hawk donated to Oregon Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Golden Hawk donated to Oregon Museum

I was just on the website of the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and saw that a Lois Bowman donated a 1957 Golden Hawk to their auto collection

Anyone know Ms. Bowman? In any event, well done on helping to preserve Studebaker history and raising awareness of the marque!
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

What a gift!.....Also note the '53 Stude Convertible on the show field....I love the look of that one!

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
      I was just on the website of the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and saw that a Lois Bowman donated a 1957 Golden Hawk to their auto collection

Anyone know Ms. Bowman? In any event, well done on helping to preserve Studebaker history and raising awareness of the marque!
      About a month ago the museum had a salute to Studebaker and our NW SDC chapter was there for the festivities. The car was on display outside with some of the other Studebakers the museum owns or has on loan. The '57 GH had been on display there for a couple of years before Lois Bowman donated it. You can see a blurb about it on their website. It is a fantastic museum and I recommend it to anyone who will be traveling to the Northwest. Here is a photo of the GH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1680056Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1680057
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Is it bad they I hope they put it up for sale in a couple years? :-/
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
          Is it bad they I hope they put it up for sale in a couple years? :-/
          This car is in very nice shape. I don't think they have any plans to sell it any time soon. They are acquiring quite a collection of Studebakers.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
          X