Some things take a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things take a while...

It has been..., 2 years/10 months/1 day, or 1036 days, or 148 weeks, or 24,864 hours, or 1,491,840 minutes, or 89,510,400 seconds since I bought my Daytona and it has done nothing but sit in the yard or go in 2MPH circles. Today all that changed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAUq...ature=youtu.be

Lots more to get done, but it rolls. BTW, if any remember this was a 2010 Ebay car out of Lancaster, CA. A '64 it had a '65/'66 (Chevy engine) drivetrain. And while the VIN and a few items said Daytona, the majority of the trim said "Commander." And actually because the script was broken it said "Comma." When I first joined the SDC I mentioned I had bought it. A poster replied that, "We were just mentioning this car the other day and trying to figure out what it is (or was)???"

Tom
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

AWESOME!

Congrats on getting it on the road again. It's looking great. And from the looks of it, this is great weather to have it out on the road, too. As Bob Palma might say, "Cool Beans"
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

In your video you drove off into the sunset to never return
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I certainly hope the car and driver will return and keep us updated on their progress!
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Don't worry, I did come back. Still have this Studebaker to finish, the Turbo Pinto project the Studebaker interrupted, the 13 year Sunbeam Tiger project the Pinto interrupted - and the Rambler American and Corvair station wagon I've had since 1995. Of course if gas spikes again I have drivetrain from a Jet Electrica 007 that needs an early VW pickup or a Doge Rampage (motor plate matches the VW trans in either). I've had a fair number of posts as I went, but when I get this car dialed in I'll do a summary.

Tom
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Loved the video Tom. The car really has some bite. Looking forward to seeing it around town.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X