Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about this freaking car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about this freaking car?

He say's so little about it I tried to contact him but he leaves little to no contact info I don't know.... Do you know anything at all!!!!! here it is http://bgky.craigslist.org/cto/3718718517.html

Just hit the REPLY button (in the C/L listing) and input your questions. No, I do not know this car.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Tried that.......twice!

Comment

He just emailed me some pics. I'll post them tomorrow, looks alright but a little ruff. He says it needs restored but I'm thinking driver

Comment

Craigslist is so loose with it's policies, a lot of people are paranoid about spammers and the like, and they won't put pertinent info on their ad.
          Sometimes it works against them.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Many of us have a life and are not answering e-mails every day, let alone instantaneously as some seem to expect.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              Many of us have a life and are not answering e-mails every day, let alone instantaneously as some seem to expect.
              I actually emailed a week and a half ago, I then emailed him last night again I think it didn't go through the first time cause he responded within a couple hours. BTW I also have a life, and don't respond instantaneously, nor do I expect such.
              I simply wanted to see if anyone had went and looked at it, and could tell me if it's a car I would interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                I actually emailed a week and a half ago, I then emailed him last night again I think it didn't go through the first time cause he responded within a couple hours. BTW I also have a life, and don't respond instantaneously, nor do I expect such.
                I simply wanted to see if anyone had went and looked at it, and could tell me if it's a car I would interested in.
                I wasn't trying to pick on you and I did not know how long you had waited. If someone has something listed on C/L, it behooves them to check at least once per day. I was referring to many people, especially young people, that expect an answer to an e-mail in minutes.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  I wasn't trying to pick on you and I did not know how long you had waited. If someone has something listed on C/L, it behooves them to check at least once per day. I was referring to many people, especially young people, that expect an answer to an e-mail in minutes.
                  All right then, I want to get along just like everyone else, but I'm not one of those people, and don't try to pester people, especially people I don't know. If he had never responded I would have assumed the car was no longer available. No harm no foul. Anyway here is the pics of the car

Comment

I think it looks like someone attacked it with chemical stripper, but otherwise looks decent. I wonder how bad the body rust is, if it's bad bad, then it's not worth it, but if not, I might ask a fellow club member to go look at it, it's in bowling green........ any takers

Comment

Yes, I guess it does need Restoring!
                      get out your check book.
                      64 Champ long bed V8
                      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

looks like the hubcaps are salvageable.

Comment

Look at the rust at the bottom of those doors and on the front of the rear fenders. Patching those would be crazy hard. I had someone who taught mechanics and body work look at similar damage on my old Lark, and told me it wasn't worth the effort. With the new panels by Goodmark, you could replace the rear fenders, but you'd still be putting out a good chunk of cash for them. The doors are harder to find. And those front fenders? Good luck! If you're a phenomenal welder or you can live with bondo, those are your only real options. Front fenders are few and far between. You'll spend more than you did for the whole car just to replace those.

For the right person, with lots of disposable income and a love for this exact model car, it could be a fun project. If the frame and drivetrain were pristine and functional, and you could score it for under a grand and some change, maybe. But for what you want, this doesn't seem like the right one to me. Keep hunting, it will be worth the wait when you get the right car!
                          Last edited by JimC; 05-18-2013, 05:22 PM. Reason: Studes have rear fenders!
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Keep in mind that it takes a LOT more than $4000 to turn a $2000 Hawk into a $6000 Hawk.
                            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

And it has A/C!

Comment

Working...
                              X