Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $350 Horn Button

Wow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-G...r#ht_25wt_1142

But hey, if he can get it, that's great for him.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Reminds me of the $1000.00 57 Packard tailgate emblem I saw!
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Heck, there's been several Stude horn buttons on ebay for even more than this. They never sell, but one can always ask!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have a NOS tri-star button that looks about that good. It was installed in my '53 coupe sixty years ago.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

As one might presume, I've got the nicest button examples reasonable money could buy. I'd say thru the years I've found maybe 8 or 10 that were pristine NOS - still in the wrapper/box. Of course, the majority of what I have are nice "survivors". What's amazing to me is how well the better examples have survived 60 or 70 years or so. I didn't think plastics technology was that good right after WWII, but it must've been. Of course, alot of the buttons that have been in a car all those years, light and exposure to the elements have taken their toll. On the other hand - some tired buttons have really responded well to some Scotch-Brite and a deftly applied coat of Krylon Crystal Clear / UV resistant spray. If you apply it right - at 70 degrees or better, you might get lucky and end up with a button that looks like new. Works for me!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There is a huge difference between a Packard tailgate emblem and a horn button. I have sold a few of these tailgate emblems and some have approached the $1200.00 range. There are no 57's to be found and only a handful of 58's yet there are a number of 57 Packard Wagons and a little less than thirty 58 Packard Wagons. For those collectors that want a pristine perfect original restoration on one of these two cars, it is the icing on the cake.

Comment

Right you are Joe!
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                Reminds me of the $1000.00 57 Packard tailgate emblem I saw!
                Bill, no one would be crazy enough to spend $1000 on the tailgate emblem. $600 maybe, but not $1000.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I have both the 57 and 58 NOS tailgate emblems in my collection. I'd be glad to break my collection for 1K each.

Comment

Originally posted by studerex View Post
                    I have both the 57 and 58 NOS tailgate emblems in my collection. I'd be glad to break my collection for 1K each.
                    Here's the thread on it: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ailgate+emblem

Craig

Comment

"On Sale" now for 1/2 off

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                        . . . I'd say thru the years I've found maybe 8 or 10 that were pristine NOS - still in the wrapper/box. Of course, the majority of what I have are nice "survivors".
                        I found a NOS horn button for my '50 Commander, still in the original package, on e-Bay a couple of years ago. I think I paid about $75 for it. The new reproductions offered by Studebaker International are $100. See my post titled "Amazing NOS Steering Wheel" to see it.
                        Deals are out there if you have patience. Those asking too much eventually lower there price or give up.
                        There are some wheel covers on e-Bay right now that are way over priced. They never sell and just keep getting re-listed. I'll just keep watching until they realize nobody is going to touch them at that price.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Commander Eddie, There are however plenty of people that are ill informed of the "Studebaker drivers Club Forum", and the "Unofficial Studebaker Parts Swap page" and of course Ebay! And You must remember there are those out there that have way more money than common sense. Those are the Ones that keep the NOS maket alive and well! (Most of the time)
                          Patrick Sammon

Comment

Two years ago I sold a 58 emblem for $1205.00 and about 5 years ago i sold a 57 for $600.00 The 57's are far harder to find.

Comment

Joe, what's your guess on the number of '57 wagons out there? The last I knew, there was around 24 on the SDC registry.
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X