Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Turner Brake Help

Hi All,
    I installed a Turner Disc brake kit on my 51 2R years ago and have been very pleased with the performance and durability.

Recently I had the tell-tale squeak from the brake wear indicator and on inspection I have worn pads and one of the rotors is damaged. I tried to contact Turner without luck. I don't have a direct email and when I try to use the automatic message on his site it keeps shutting off that page.

All I really need is a part number for the rotors and calipers for the truck kit. I can get those parts at my local parts house, but I do not have the year and model GM car that they came from or part numbers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Allen
    Attached Files

Allen

From Jim's Site
    Use of the 1997 S-10 4 X 4 caliper eliminates this step! OEM # 18-4129, 18-4129
    For his newer kits, Bob

Comment

Why not just call Jim and ask him?
      He won't bite......
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

His number is 317-877-0453 after 7 pm eastern time zone.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The truck kits use the big GM calipers, the pads are D-52, rotors are 77-78 Impala, Caprice, Calipers are the big GM calipers. Unless your rotors are totally worn out, they can be turned at least once. Calipers unless they are leaking, should be good to go. All part numbers and descriptions are included with the instruction sheet. If you need me to send you another copy via email, send me your email address and I will shoot one off.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
          X