New project picked up today 61 hawk 4 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project picked up today 61 hawk 4 speed

Today Pat (nibbs53) and myself went and picked up a 61 hawk 4 speed car, for some reason a bench seat was installed in place of the original buckets, but I do have a pair so the car will again have original style seats, this is a 4 speed car with a factory tach and 4 bld. carb, it has been off the road for a few years but hope to get it running and up for sale soon, some rust out in the floors up front but trunk is solid, along with the car came a NOS tach number 1557116 but it is a tach for an Avanti, also came a sender but not sure if NOS or used and in the original box with number 1557959 both are for sale. here is a picture or two of the car and tach.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bob, PM sent on the tach and sender.

Comment

I recently acquired one just like it w/buckets, even same color, but it is a rusty parts car I am selling parts off of...
      Last edited by TX Rebel; 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Well, I deserve a four speed. That will be my upgrade next year. I would need everything to convert from automatic column shift: flywheel, bell housing, clutch, pressure plate, tranny, one piece drive shaft, pedals and carb linkage....what else? A trip to Texas or California in the spring would be nice!
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I am trying to remember if all of the '61 4 Speeds I have seen had the straight stick, this "bent" stick could mean that someone actually ordered the Car with a bench seat.
          Did the seat have '61 Upholstery?

Of course anything IS possible, it could have even been a 3 speed with the Column "Bell" changed, because of the hand made floor cover plate and aftermarket shifter boot.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I bought my 61 4speed from the original owner, it had buckets from the factory and it has the same shifter as this one.
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

candbstudebakers,-------You definitely come by some very cool items!!

Comment

My 61' hawk came with buckets and the same bent shifter as theres has.It was a factory 4 speed with hole cut in right place and fiberglass factory panel over shifter and attached to floor with screws. let me know what else you are selling from it. Thanks..

Comment

No Rich the bench was added because the center floor bracket was still in place, and that Bracket for the 61 buckets is hard to came by, also the picture is not a good shot of the shifter and cover all look stock to me and same with the shifter shaft all I have seen in 61's is the bent shaft because of the size of the 61 buckets. and Dave for you to make a good switch over you should also have the clean column.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Hey Bob PM sent, please respond.

Comment

OK, Bob. Clean column, too. That's my wish list. Set aside a little pile for me?
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                      X