Brake drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake drums

This is just food for thought and maybe a little advice from the more advised members of this forum. Today "Sunday" I went to get the Larks drums turned by my local auto parts store and they couldn't turn the rears because the shaft diameter on the machine was too large to fit the drum.[B)] I will be trying more places tommorow, I'm hoping I find a guy with an older machine to get the job done. Good times!

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

The drums on my 1938 President were about 1 1/8". The machine had a 1 inch shaft so I was able to get them done.

Good luck, Jim

Comment

They have the small shaft at my shop, keep looking.

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      64 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Drum update, I went to my Napa today and they had a machine that could do the job. The ole guy had to compare my hubs to a VW but they are all dressed now and ready for installation this weekend! Then I get the fun task of bleeding the new system and checking for leaks.

Randy_G
        1959 Lark Sedan
        This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
        X