Gold horn ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold horn ring?

I'm thinking I'm correct in recalling that '56 President's sported a gold-tinted horn ring. It's always seemed a bit odd to me, seeing as how the '55 Presidednt State had the gold-tinted hardware in it's interior (Door and window handles and such), while then for '56 it was only the horn ring.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

You've got me! StudeBob would be the go to expert. You'll need to give him a shout!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      You've got me! StudeBob would be the go to expert. You'll need to give him a shout!
      Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. <GGGGGG>
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Thanks for the levity, Brad, Jerry. Jerry, can you do gold (or whatever it is you use to produce a gold finish)?

EDIT: I had thought about doing an article to cover the topic of horn rings, but there's a few postwar ones I don't have examples of. Neither do I have the drive to acquire them at this time. Had the same idea about hood ornaments and deck lid decor too. But Fred Fox pretty well covered hood ornaments some time back, and I've sold most of the deck lid stuff I once had.
        Anyone wanna be the "curator" of the worlds most complete Studebaker hub cap and wheelcover collection? I'd entertain offers! They'd REALLY dress up the walls of your garage or shop! Nice examples too - not just scratched up junk.
        Last edited by Roscomacaw; 05-14-2013, 09:08 AM.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          Thanks for the levity, Brad, Jerry. Jerry, can you do gold (or whatever it is you use to produce a gold finish)?
          No.
          Everything that is done to an item to chrome plate it, is done to the piece to gold plate it, with the exception of the chrome. I have had things gold plated in the past by doing everything but the final step and then hurrying the item over to Marietta to a guy to apply the gold. He had some sort of setup where he used a small rectifier and used what looked like an artist brush to apply the gold. Gold plate is soft and will wear away quickly if not given special care when cleaning the vehicle's other trim work. Sadly he is not to be found now a days.

Here's a pic of Stella's hood.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
          X