1964 Daytona Hardtop - Electrical Circuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Daytona Hardtop - Electrical Circuits

How many electrical circuits are in a Daytona? With all the inline fuses, the wiring diagram is a bit hard to follow. I've found the following:

1) Ignition
    2) Headlights
    3) Heater
    4) Radio
    5) Wipers
    6) Brake Lights
    7) Gauges/Dash Lights

Am I missing anything?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

8) Back up Lights???
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

The Alternator output to the Ammeter and the main (Batt.) power feed from the Solinoid to the Ammeter and the jumper from there to the Ign. Switch.

Alternator "trigger" wire from Ign. terminal on Ign. Sw. to Voltage Regulator.
      Dome light wire from the stop light fuse to light.

The Rear Harness (5 Wire) to Tail, Turn, Trunk Light, Lic. Light, Backup Lights and Fuel Sender.

Also, see your post in Tech. here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...715#post742715
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So 11 or 12 circuits? So I should be able to get away with a 14 circuit wiring harness? I'm looking at getting an aftermarket harness for both cars. 14 should get me a seperate fuse for the air conditioning and the tape deck.
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

It's a little hard to calculate isn't it, using an Aftermarket Ron Francis or other harness it's easy to count the circuits because they all come from the same place, the fuse block. Not my cup of Tea, but they will work.

On a Studebaker, that never happened so they all come and go all over the place and impossible to count really.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I agree about the wiring going all over the place. Most of my harness was gone when I got the car. I just wanted to make sure I was in the ballpark.

I know some will frown on the harness change, but I was never comfortable with the way the OE harness was put together. It looked like my patched harness on my tow dolly. I'm not really worried about 'restoring' the Daytona or Commander. They're both going to be modified one way or the other. Now if I get a nice Speedster or the '41 Skyway Commander I've been jonesing for, I'll worry about a 400 point car.

Rich, I appreciate the help. Little by little I'm collecting what I need to really make some progress on the Daytona.
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
              8) Back up Lights???
              Yes, that is incorporated into the main harness, along with the neutral safety switch if its an automatic. However, the radio is not part of the main harness.

Craig

Comment

Craig, it's a 4-Speed. Because they were optional, I would have thought the back up lights had their own fuse and circuit. No?
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Working...
                X