'53 Grill Trim pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: '53 Grill Trim pieces

Hello, I was curious what color the inside of the Studebaker or Champion Trim pieces should be....I've seen some in black and others in white...what color should it really be? Thanks-Kelii
    Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Silver/aluminum sort of.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by 57Kelii View Post
      Hello, I was curious what color the inside of the Studebaker or Champion Trim pieces should be....I've seen some in black and others in white...what color should it really be? Thanks-Kelii
      Are you asking about the actual grill surround, or the Champion/Studebaker script? I took your question to mean the color inside the script. Not sure about the 53, but my 54 is white. I'm sure if 53's are different, someone who knows will set us both straight. Cheers, Junior.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The inner area of the grilles should be argent - I use aluminum.
        The area within the nameplate lettering should be white.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for the info, sorry about not being more descriptive, it was the script color within the nameplate.
          Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Comment

Gary hit the nail on the head! I always thought the inside of the surround was just unpolished chrome. But after visiting a chrome shop in the '60's I learned different. Mine is sprayed aluminum.

Comment

Working...
            X