Dixon May Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixon May Fair

Yesterday, the Dixon May Fair hosted it's first car show. They limited it to the first 60 entrants. Studebaker was represented by my two Studes and Jim Goodland's 54 Commander. (Jim and I own all the running Studebakers in Dixon) My son, his two children and my grandaughter, Sydney, also a member of SDC and the owner of a 65 Commander, were there with me. I gave Sydney the camera and let her do her thing. We won the second place "kids choice" award for the Bullet Nose. I was thrilled with that since we are actively trying to get today's youth interested in Studebakers. That little ribbon showed me that it's working.

The pictures were taken by Sydney, except for the picture I took of Sydney taking pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	may 034.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1738710Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 022.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1738711Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 036.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1738712Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 029.jpg
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1738713Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 019.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1738715Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 026.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1738716Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 039.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1738717Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfair 040.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1738714
    Last edited by Sdude; 05-12-2013, 07:33 AM.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Very nice! and Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Comment

I couldn't think of a better looking set of Studebakers to represent the marque! Congrats on the award.
      Dave Nevin
      Corvallis, OR
      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Great pictures, Sdude ! Cudo's to ya' for letting the little lady do her thing with the camera, the one of the three front ends with the 54 closest is really neat and artsy ! Question, and I just really don't remember, on the 54, were they still using the "Mercedes" star on Studes then, and is the rear pan a dual exhaust pan or did they all have two slots ? Beautiful cars, I'm jealous, ha ! Thanks, John

Comment

Working...
        X