Just bought my second 1962 Studebaker this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my second 1962 Studebaker this morning

The gentleman across the street passed away about two months ago. He said he was always going to bring the old car back to original. The doors and hood would not open because of the trees that had grown around the car (one was about three inch diameter) . I just paid the executor to his estate, $250.00 for the 1962 Studebaker two door with no dents and all the chrome trim except one chrome piece on the right front fender. Of course it has four flats and has been sitting in his driveway since I have lived in my house 13 years now. The hood latch was rusted so no one opened the hood. I believe it to be a 170 inch flat 6. No animals have been living there and hardly any rust. I hope I got a good deal. If you have any hints/suggestions/problems you have experienced, I'd be happy to hear about them........................thanks...............Rick
    Last edited by bosshoss61; 05-11-2013, 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Cool, good luck with it. Sounds like a fun project.
    Jim Rostron

Comment

If it is a 62 it will be an overhead valve "6"
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

After I cut all the trees out of the way, I got into the glove box. There was a piece of paper in there about 3" by 5". Looked like it was torn out of a tablet. It States" Received of (name)$150.00 cash for 1962 Studebaker--8/11/89-(name) address and phone#. I actually had 6 numbers dialed on the phone to talk to the seller before I thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this was about 24 years ago..

Comment

I hope the rubber hose that diverts the water from the cowl vent to the side is intact. If not,you may have a bellhousing full of rainwater.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
          X