Studebaker Carriage w/fine horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Carriage w/fine horsepower

A few years ago space was provided for a row of South Bend products at The Dinosaur Place in Montville. This beautiful carriage and horse team was very popular and it is my understanding the carriage was made by Studebaker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1738705
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Only at a Studebaker event might you also see a horse drawn conveyance with the same maker's name on it. When I see photos like this it just makes me sad Studebaker is gone. What a shame.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

A bit fancier than any of my doctor's buggies.

Comment

After looking at the picture closer, I can see that that is a beautiful carriage. The horses are very sturdy and well matched, but not quite as tall and elegant as the rich folks would usually prefer. I messed with this stuff in my younger days and it always gets my attention.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice pony sized Victoria. Nice (if a bit fat) Halflinger ponies. Poor combination. Add insult to injury, they're using plow harness on a fine carriage. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter overmuch as long as they're doing it reasonably safely. Would look a lot prettier if it was properly turned out though.
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
          X