Rechromed parts...very happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rechromed parts...very happy

While I was at South Bend I bought some re-chromed parts from Barry Hackney. I also gave him the "V" and two S's from the hood emblem on my 52 Commander to re-chrome.

I received the parts today and I am very happy with them. I gave him two different S's because I think the one on my parts car was different. He did all three of these parts for less than $200.00 including shipping.

I think the one on the left is the one that fits. I have a NOS center piece that goes in between the V.

Barry is on the forum and goes by TexasRebel.

Here is what the emblem looked like when I gave it to him.

And here are the re-chromed parts.

Leonard Shepherd

I think Barry and I use the same chromer as he said he seen my chrome there a couple weeks ago. If so I'm glad to here you are pleased as I am also very happy with my results.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I think Barry and I use the same chromer as he said he seen my chrome there a couple weeks ago. If so I'm glad to here you are pleased as I am also very happy with my results.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Leonard, that S on the right is part of an emblem that went on the B-pillars of '52 Hardtops only. Like your car's nose piece, it was set into a plastic background. Thinking about it, I believe that '52 was the first year Studebaker used any colored plastic emblems on the exterior. There were some lucite embedded hood ornaments earlier, but I think '52s the first year of any sort of plastic badges.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Leonard, that S on the right is part of an emblem that went on the B-pillars of '52 Hardtops only. Like your car's nose piece, it was set into a plastic background. Thinking about it, I believe that '52 was the first year Studebaker used any colored plastic emblems on the exterior. There were some lucite embedded hood ornaments earlier, but I think '52s the first year of any sort of plastic badges.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Bob,

That clears up some of the confusion. I thought maybe I had given Barry both of my S's. He said he couldn't remember if this one was mine or someone else's. I need to send it back to him.

The 51 Studebaker nose piece was probably the first plastic grille piece, also. Now almost every car has a plastic grille.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks Bob,

That clears up some of the confusion. I thought maybe I had given Barry both of my S's. He said he couldn't remember if this one was mine or someone else's. I need to send it back to him.

The 51 Studebaker nose piece was probably the first plastic grille piece, also. Now almost every car has a plastic grille.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
              X