Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual Studebaker Items #25 (truck grille guards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Studebaker Items #25 (truck grille guards)

Just what you need to drive the Outback with 'roo protection.

Last edited by 53k; 05-10-2013, 03:32 PM.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

The straight bars on the lower picture make me think of how often people would push start a stalled car with another car or truck. Of course, back then most cars had strong bumpers and standard transmissions. Only some of the cars with automatics could be pushed started.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Here's that heavy duty guard on my old '49.

Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

"Added Bueaty" What's that about the eye of the beholder???
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We only have one of those bumper guards in the lower photo, from one of our trucks we bought here. I say only one because it was mounted in the center of the bumper. It looks better with two, but when you're a farmer and using your vehicle with little cash to spare, well, now you're just getting fancy by having to buy two!!
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

There is also a version of the two-bar guards that has a horizontal cross piece that fits in holes in the vertical bars.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Does anyone have one of the guards like the one on Skinny's truck ? I would love to have one for my '49.
              Steve
              sigpic

Comment

take 2..
                If this works the '49 should appear below. Shewolf
                Last edited by wolfie; 08-10-2013, 03:45 PM. Reason: changing signature line
                sigpic

Comment

and the price seems resonable...
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

If I was after one of those I would think a good fabricator could make one most likely cheaper than if you found a vendor with a NOS one.
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                      If I was after one of those I would think a good fabricator could make one most likely cheaper than if you found a vendor with a NOS one.

I am willing to try to build one but need to find someone that has one I can get measurements from. I am trying to replicate the first vehicle I ever owned, a 49 2R-15 that had one of these guards on it. I would like to find a guard, new or used, and still need to find a few right side mirror pieces and my current truck will be identical except for color. My first one was green and badly needed paint. I will leave this one the original tan as I like that color combo better anyway. Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

Paul, given the threads floating around lately, how about a page or two of Studebaker tissue dispensers? It seems to be a bad year for allergies all across Studedom apparently.

Comment

Just bumping this. I would still love to find one of these guards for my truck. Thanks, Steve
                          sigpic

Comment

still looking. Steve
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool brochure photo. I have 4 of the "Heavy Duty Vertical Bumper Guards" on my '49 2R15.

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                              The straight bars on the lower picture make me think of how often people would push start a stalled car with another car or truck. Of course, back then most cars had strong bumpers and standard transmissions. Only some of the cars with automatics could be pushed started.
                              Last edited by Commander55; 08-22-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X