Did Studebaker build boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Studebaker build boats?

from the size of these fins maybe Studebaker built this boat, it was in Dayton when I picked up the Plymouth wagon on Sunday.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

If I had it i'd put Studebaker & Speedster emblems on it, and pull it with my Conestoga. I really like it. But you know what they say about BOATS,
    Bust
    Out
    Another
    Thousand
    Last edited by clonelark; 05-09-2013, 02:46 AM.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Others have been asking the same thing. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=boats

Craig

Comment

And here's a manifold for it.
        Larry Y
        North Wales, PA

Comment

I've read on old wood boat forums that a coupla of the old obscure boat manufacturers used Stude engines semi regulary in their smaller (under about 20ft.).

A friend has a cool old, mostly all mahogany boat...no engine. He was looking to find out what was "originally" in it. He told me about it, so I read up on a few of the threads. Pretty interesting. One even had two Stude 259's in it.

Mike

Comment

I'd paint it black with Batman logos and pinstriping to match the Futura Batmobile.

Comment

Do you have any more info on the boat? Is it for sale? Steve
              sigpic

Comment

From those pix, it is clear that Stude made boats. I am thinking this one was called a, "Water Hawk"

Comment

From the photos I would guess it was made in the 50's. The high structure and fins in the stern would keep water from spilling in, but it would obstruct vision and inhibit using it for fishing or water sports like skiing. Accessing the engine while on board would be challenging. The Water Hawk's best use might be restored with a Studebaker theme and towed behind a vehicle made in South Bend!
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Boats, like cars, also have styling to fit the times. Just like cars, many boats in the late 50's had fins stuck on them. There were also many companies that made marine conversion kits for just about all the automotive engines. Ford, Chevy, Mopar, even Rambler.
                    Last edited by brian6373; 05-09-2013, 07:04 AM.

Comment

USASTUDE

Comment

This is for sale on Reachoo.com The seller wants $600.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Saturday I chanced upon a yard sale where they were offering a '63 model boat similar to this without the fins. With trailer and a honkin' big Evinrude on the back! $500 OBO. I thought it was a heck of a deal, but my fishin' days are behind me.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Not to change the subject too much, but heres another site that loves classic boats as much as we love Studebaker.
                            Currently, it shows the struggle of when too much money is needed to rescue a boat that was really nice at one time.
                            Sound familiar?

Comment

Different Studebaker. There was a Studebaker camper builder as well. I met a descendant of the boat company Studebakers at Springfield, MO International.
                              Jim
                              Often in error, never in doubt
                              http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X