PDA

View Full Version : '55 President Sedan on eBay

05-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Anything somewhat unusual about this President?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-Studebaker-President-Good-Condition-/130901201892?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

Commander Eddie
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Fender skirts?

Nox
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
The number-plate?
& I aint seen many flat-screen Presidents before but that might not be so unusual?

05-08-2013, 03:51 PM
The number-plate?
& I aint seen many flat-screen Presidents before but that might not be so unusual?
You are on the right track. I doubt if there were many President States built before they switched to the Ultra Vista windshield. I have seen a few Commanders, but this is the first President I have seen with the flat windshield.

studegary
05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
The way that it is two-toned.

Nox
05-08-2013, 04:07 PM
So it might be that there was Land Cruisers = flat windscreen & President = wraparound windscreen?
& yeah Studegary, the 2-tone doesn't look President, does it?

2moredoors
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
So it might be that there was Land Cruisers = flat windscreen & President = wraparound windscreen?
& yeah Studegary, the 2-tone doesn't look President, does it?
No, there were two series of Presidents, flat and wrap around . Two tone separation changed in the new year (1955) having the top tone go over the trunk for the President State, but Studegary is still correct (it is incorrectly two toned). The brochure they used for both series was the same except it was airbrushed for the second series to show the wrap around windscreen. I have both brochures. I do not believe the upholstery is correct and the door panels do not look correct either. Fender skirts appeared on most models. BTW the interior in mine is not correct either.

Roscomacaw
05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
It's an early series President classic - Y5 body. Y6 was the Ultra-Vista version. I used to have an early President that didn't have the broad butterknife trim - only a long spear of a moulding from front to rear - a Y3 President Deluxe.

Paint and interior are wrong. Door panels are missing the stainless highlight pieces they would rightfully have. All this noted, I think it might be quite a nice ride. It's the sellers first offering on ebay and they've set the opening bid WAY too high - as they're gonna discover soon enough.