Building 84 Tour Pictures - S.B. Spring Swap Pictures Added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building 84 Tour Pictures - S.B. Spring Swap Pictures Added

I was trying to get some other pics uploaded but photobucket isn't cooperating with me tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Here's the building 84 pics for now.
    I also have some videos but they take forever to upload but I will try.
    John
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 05-09-2013, 05:03 AM.

Awesome pictures, thanks John.
    I'll add that in the first page of photos you will see a white '58 Golden Hawk. Beautiful car, owned by Tim Janowiak who helped along with me to put this tour together. The reason it is sitting inside the building is because before we left Union Station for the tour Tim and I were talking to Kevin Smith (new building 84 owner) and asked if he was going to go on the tour even though he own the building. He said sure, so Tim gave him the keys to his Hawk and we all ride along and took a short cut to the tour. Kevin told Tim and I that the building owner would be cool with having a Hawk parked inside his building so he just drove it back inside where it was built... Some 50 years later... Like a boss.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks Chris. And thanks to you and everyone else that made it all possible.

Comment

I have a bunch of photos too but John has it pretty well covered. Here is a photo with he (wearing cap and with camera) and at least three former Studebaker employees in it:
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Man, you nailed it. I didn't think anyone would notice the provocative and well done drawing on the bathroom stall and face on the ceiling by the elevator. Also forgot to add the basement was set up to be a huge and well stocked bomb shelter for employees and citizens in case the Ruskies decided to drop the big one. Thanks for the pictures, please keep them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            I have a bunch of photos too but John has it pretty well covered. Here is a photo with he (wearing cap and with camera) and at least three former Studebaker employees in it:
            Nice pic, thanks. Post those other pics if you can. I'm sure we'd like to see them.

Comment

We need captions, or at least I do!!!!
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1958 Commander "Christine"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

I had to add a second album and reformatted some pictures from another camera that just wouldn't show up.
                They are of the lowerator. That's what they called it, not an elevator.
                Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                  We need captions, or at least I do!!!!
                  Ok. I started to caption some of them but ran out of time last night. I need to find a map of the building to figure out what's what too.

Comment

I added the spring swap meet pictures. I tried to caption most of them.

Comment

Neat. That 57 GH on the trailer was brought up by Bob Petersen from California for his buyer. It was spooky to watch a half dozen guys get her rolling pretty good and right up the ramps onto their trailer. Hope it gets back on the road, soon.
                      Last edited by warrlaw1; 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
                        Man, you nailed it. I didn't think anyone would notice the provocative and well done drawing on the bathroom stall and face on the ceiling by the elevator. Also forgot to add the basement was set up to be a huge and well stocked bomb shelter for employees and citizens in case the Ruskies decided to drop the big one. Thanks for the pictures, please keep them coming.
                        Thanks Tim and thanks for all you did with the tour. I wouldn't have noticed those drawings if you hadn't pointed them out

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                          Thanks Tim and thanks for all you did with the tour. I wouldn't have noticed those drawings if you hadn't pointed them out
                          Tim is the one who drew them.
                          Just kidding.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Don't tell my girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                            X