Jack Lentz Has Passed Away..Attention NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Lentz Has Passed Away..Attention NJ

My good friend and friend to all things Studebaker has passed away at 83. Jack had a body shop in Belford, N.J. and was a Korean War Veteran. Jack built many cars and if you put "Lentz" into the Advanced Search here you will see just a touch of some his work.

Jack allowed me to use his shop to rebuild my junk Hawk, because as he told me that is just to nice to scrap. He loved cars and he loved what we love....Studebakers.

I hope others who knew Jack will enter something here....I'm exhausted. You can see his car on the cover of Turning Wheels several years ago.

I didn't know Jack, Some people say I still don't know Jack but on a serious note it is sad to lose anyone who is a friend and fellow Studebaker enthusiast.
    Sorry for your loss of a friend.

R.I.P. Jack Lentz

Dean.

Comment

Here's an example of Jack's work. Check out the date built and date most recently sold.

Looking for a specific collector car, automobilia lot or an upcoming or past RM auction, but aren't sure where to start? Search through the entire RM Sotheby's website with our search bar! Find exactly what you are looking for with our simple search tool.

Comment

Jack was a class act , As was the beautiful work he did on his cars , A few years ago we had the honor of Him and a Golden Hawk he built 45 years ago being reunited at our Beachwood Show , The Garden State chapter and I will miss him, R.I.P Jack , Ed jones

Comment

Ed,
          Glad you saw this post. I realize most in the Stude World didn't know Jack Lentz but I wanted to be sure all the New Jersey group knew Jack had left us for now. He was amazing. A combat veteran, a pilot, a business owner, a dad, a friend, a member of the Manufacturing Engineer Society. He was blessed with so many talents that he USED. He never turned his talents from anyone. The only time he ever told me he wouldn't help with something was on a Sunday....Whatever it was it could wait for Monday...He was that old school kind of guy. I have a lot to learn.

Comment

Anybody that has the ability to visualize and then excute such a cool flathead-powered rod is in my book.

RIP, Jack. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jack was a good man. He let me use his shop to install my power steering several years ago. He also did some work on my car before he retired from the body shop business. I was surprised to hear that he passed. I though he was getting better. He sure had lots of knowledge of Studebakers. We'll miss him.
              Jim Rostron

Comment

Working...
              X