Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual Studebaker Items #21 (Lubricaps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Studebaker Items #21 (Lubricaps)

These probably aren't quite as unusual as some of things I have posted. I think I remember seeing them on some car. It would be kind of nice to find a grease fitting that isn't frozen.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Wow! They're so simple. On and Off.

Wow!

Comment

One of the vendors should line up a supply of these, and sell them at the National. I had a supply of yellow plastic ones, but I ran out. They are a perfectly good idea.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
        One of the vendors should line up a supply of these, and sell them at the National. I had a supply of yellow plastic ones, but I ran out. They are a perfectly good idea.
        Good idea. They are widely available in several colors, for example- http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/gre...071&sst=subset. They are also available from Amazon in a number of styles and colors.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The modern version looks a lot different but does the same job, they are handy to remember where all of the Zerks are and keep them from getting buried in Grease.

I don't know if it would work for the Quick Lube Guys, they would probably not take the time to put them back on!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            The modern version looks a lot different but does the same job, they are handy to remember where all of the Zerks are and keep them from getting buried in Grease.

I don't know if it would work for the Quick Lube Guys, they would probably not take the time to put them back on!
            Most Quick Lube guys don't even know there are grease fittings to grease.

Comment

Working...
            X