Tom sherlock motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom sherlock motors

Anybody from California have any information regarding Tom Sherlock Motors, the Studebaker dealer from Alhambra, California? The dealership was located at 1333 West Main Street.

I worked as a salesmen for Bob Wondries Studebaker in 1955 at that address. Tom Sherlock was in South Pasadena on Fair Oaks Ave in the late 50's. Later became the Ford dealer there.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

My friend Ted Hurd's '61 Lark VIII Regal wagon was purchased through Snider Studebaker in Indianapolis but was shipped to Tom Sherlock in Alhambra per the Drive-Away Shipper form. Mrs. Snider had relocated to California w/o Mr. Snider; hence, the arrangement (Ted bought the car from Mrs. Snider many years later).

Tom Sherlock in Alhambra was also the dealer from which '64 Gran Turismo Hawk serial 64V-20197 was purchased...the last Hawk built.

Hope this helps a little.
      Last edited by Bill Pressler; 05-05-2013, 08:52 AM.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
        My friend Ted Hurd's '61 Lark VIII Regal wagon was purchased through Snider Studebaker in Indianapolis but was shipped to Tom Sherlock in Alhambra per the Drive-Away Shipper form. Mrs. Snider had relocated to California w/o Mr. Snider; hence, the arrangement (Ted bought the car from Mrs. Snider many years later.)

Tom Sherlock in Alhambra was also the dealer from which '64 Gran Turismo Hawk serial 64V-20197 was purchased...the last Hawk built.

Hope this helps a little.
        My '64 Daytona was delivered to Tom Sherlock Motors on Sept. 23, 1963. I'm trying to locate a license plate frame from that dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
          My friend Ted Hurd's '61 Lark VIII Regal wagon was purchased through Snider Studebaker in Indianapolis but was shipped to Tom Sherlock in Alhambra per the Drive-Away Shipper form. Mrs. Snider had relocated to California w/o Mr. Snider; hence, the arrangement (Ted bought the car from Mrs. Snider many years later).
          Thanks to Rich Dudkowski of South Bend for rescuing this Snider dealer script from the rear of a 1961 (IIRC) Lark 4-door several years ago and forwarding it to me.

In turn, it is being mailed to Bill's friend Ted Hurd this week, that it may be properly displayed on the tailgate of Ted's 1961 Lark VIII wagon, right where it would have been had it been shipped to Snider Auto Service, authorized Studebaker dealer in Indianapolis, instead of "drop shipped" to Tom Sherlock for delivery to the recently relocated [ahem- former] Mrs. Snider in 1961:

Good that it found an authentic Studebaker "home," Ted! (For size reference, the actual script above is mounted on a standard 3X5 card.) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just got back from my trip to South Bend and to friends in Montpelier Ohio, I had lunch with Bill and others on our cruise east on Rt 20 and we talked about your fantastic offer to Give me the dealer script, Thanks again Bob, as I told the guys at lunch I was thrilled at the thought of the Snider script and my excitement is doubled now that I see it and note it has Indianaapolis under the Snider, I also like the Font. Thanks again Bob
            sigpicstudeboro

Comment

You're welcome, Ted; 'glad it is going to where I think it belongs, IMHO.

My friend, Snider Sales Manager John Knapp, is looking down and smiling. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
              X