No announcement yet.

Somebody save her!!!!!!!!.......NOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody save her!!!!!!!!.......NOW!!!

This guy is selling the shell of a 54 K, He has the doors,trunk,hood,and glass. But wants to sell it seperately!!! If this car isn't too rusty it's a freaking 54 K, for less than a grand!!! if someone could offer him say 1200 for the car with all it's parts, and save this car!!! Any 54K deserves saving, and this guy might end up parting a solid studebaker out, and one of the most desireable models no less. Please somebody save her........Before it's too late if you buy this car or know of what happens too it please tell me, so I can sleep tonight! Danny.D Duh heres the link http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/3770293698.html
    Last edited by GThawkwind; 05-04-2013, 02:54 PM.

How much for the Twinkies?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
      How much for the Twinkies?
      HEY!! They're my TWINKIES!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love 53-55 K's. If it was reasonably solid (and I had the money) I'd take it in a minute. When I'm done with my '64's I wouldn't mind a K-car. I also wouldn't mind a wagon of some kind. And a pair of Twinkies...
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by swifster View Post
          i love 53-55 k's. If it was reasonably solid (and i had the money) i'd take it in a minute. When i'm done with my '64's i wouldn't mind a k-car. I also wouldn't mind a wagon of some kind. And a pair of twinkies...
          I said......... THEY'RE MY TWINKIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Look at the little steering wheel ........... ha !

Comment

I think that it is a 1953 Champion Starliner (not "54").
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think I saw that steering wheel on a bumper car a while back.

To the seller's credit, he's smart enough to realize that Aristotle was wrong, at least in this case; the whole is not worth more than the sum of the parts. He can probably get double by parting out the car instead of selling it whole. On the other hand, parting it out could take twice as long, too, so it's kind of a wash.

Enjoy your Twinkie exclusivity while you can Danny. Haven't you heard? They're making them again! Soon we'll all have twinkies all our own.
                Last edited by JimC; 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM.
                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  I think that it is a 1953 Champion Starliner (not "54").
                  He says 53 in the ad but, look at the dash, it's got a 54 dash

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                    I think I saw that steering wheel on a bumper car a while back.

To the seller's credit, he's smart enough to realize that Aristotle was wrong, at least in this case; the whole is not worth more than the sum of the parts. He can probably get double by parting out the car by selling it whole. On the other hand, parting it out could take twice as long, too, so it's kind of a wash.

Enjoy your Twinkie exclusivity while you can Danny. Haven't you heard? They're making them again! Soon we'll all have twinkies all our own.
                    BTW I don't actually have any twinkies........So please don't rob my house, since you all know were I live now.

Comment

I'm actually holding out for apple pies... I hope the 'K' goes to a good home.
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                        I'm actually holding out for apple pies... I hope the 'K' goes to a good home.
                        Yeah I'm hoping for rasberry zingers, and strawberry cupcakes. And hoping my thread might help to save this little old stude
                        Not actually a fan of twinkies, but it makes a funny sig line.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                          He says 53 in the ad but, look at the dash, it's got a 54 dash
                          Looks like a 1953 Champion dash to me. Remember, in 1953, Champion and Commander dashes were different (from each other).
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            Looks like a 1953 Champion dash to me. Remember, in 1953, Champion and Commander dashes were different (from each other).
                            Ah didn't know that. Huh learn something new everyday

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                              Yeah I'm hoping for rasberry zingers, and strawberry cupcakes. And hoping my thread might help to save this little old stude
                              Not actually a fan of twinkies, but it makes a funny sig line.
                              At least you can leave your Twinkies out in the open for ten years and still eat them!!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X