chicken hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken hawk

I got just back from South Bend were I was lucky enough to buy the tail light benzels off of the Chicken Hawk from Ted. I told him that they will be going on my 51 which I race at the Newport Hill Climb every year.

Wayne, those were the secret for the CH's outstanding power.
    You should be doing about 136 mph at the top of the hill.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Like rocket exhaust ports!

Comment

Mine is a 4door so I figure about 120!

Comment

I think Harbit's best 1/4 mile run might have been 138 mph and 9.98 seconds.
          The hill is 1/3 mile. Since the hillclimb run is longer than 1/4 mile dragstrip,I scientifically calculated you would approach 136.37 mph speed.
          Of course I used factory car weights for the two cars and put driver's weight in at an arbitrary 160lbs. This should get you in the ballpark. A good tail wind will help. Go for it.
          You may want to put in a seat belt.
          sigpic

Comment

Lark,
            Sounds about right to me! Although, NOT a mathematical genius like you, At the South Bend swap meet yesterday and today, the guy across from me was playing video tapes (DVD's) of the Chicken Hawk runs at several tracks. Of course, Ted won each and every time! So, by your calculations, AND the videos of the Chicken Hawk runs, your "scientifically calculated" speeds of 136.37, is probably a little closer to 136.35.
            Of course, I'm NOT trying to undermine your calculations.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
              ....So, by your calculations, AND the videos of the Chicken Hawk runs, your "scientifically calculated" speeds of 136.37, is probably a little closer to 136.35.

Jim
              I get 136.36

But, I could be wrong.
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

I will re-check my figures.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
                  I will re-check my figures.
                  Unfortunately my weight is closer to 220 so Iam sure that will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
                    Lark,
                    Sounds about right to me! Although, NOT a mathematical genius like you, At the South Bend swap meet yesterday and today, the guy across from me was playing video tapes (DVD's) of the Chicken Hawk runs at several tracks. Of course, Ted won each and every time! So, by your calculations, AND the videos of the Chicken Hawk runs, your "scientifically calculated" speeds of 136.37, is probably a little closer to 136.35.

Jim
                    Jim,
                    My older brother had asked me to relay a message to you at SB, but I forgot to do so. The message: he REALLY likes the disc brake setup you sold him for his 2R pickup. He simply cannot say enough good about it !
                    Joe

Comment

Somebody needs to rebuild the chicken hawk!
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I talked to Jim, briefly, about disc brakes for my 55K. Then I talked to Ted and he didn't think they would affect my attempt to qualify for the PSMCDRs. I'll be in touch. Turner disc brakes coming north of the border before September!
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                        X