"Matching numbers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Matching numbers"

I sort of like this GT, even if it is yeller instead of white. It is a 'nice' yeller instead of usual hard chrome yellow. Heck, if it had a 259 with (is it working? they don't mention it) overdrive, it could still be a nice car to drive. I had a 60 Hawk once with a replacement 259 and automatic; fast enough for me. I like 62s with overdrive/column shift.

In for a penny, in for a pound. If I had that car, I'd want the seats in white pleather instead of black because of summertime in spite of AC. I won't bother starting in on what is dicey in my eyes about this vehicle, but really, where do people get these terms like 'matching numbers' from? To my mind, the only matching numbers they are really interested in is the $10,999 asking price matching your $10,999 certified cheque.

Just have the feeling that maybe the mileage is missing a '1' in front, and they'd have better luck with an opening bid by dropping that second digit ('0') instead of that Buy It Now.

Hmmm...I wonder how they know it's a 259, or even if they know it...and what numbers "match?" (The one on the Serial Number plate and the one on the Title, we'd hope!) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

From the close up of the cowl tag, I'd say the paint job was not real quality. Expect the rest to peel off in a few years.
      And what is up with that cheesy electric fuel pump by the fan shroud!
      For $11K I'd expect a more sound mechanical looking car.

If someone does buy it, expect a new member in 6 days!

Comment

Look at it this way, '62 GT Hawks are as plentiful as Aspirin, a "REAL" Hawk will come along.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X