Transtar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtar!

Last Friday I drove over to Lindsay, Ca. to get some of the paperwork on that Super Hawk I'd bought. In returning home, I decided to take the road not traveled (by me anyways) to see what I might discover. I didn't have to go too far to find another Studebaker to "discover". I spotted the unmistakeable fiberglass grin of a Transtar peeking out from behind a motor home in a fenced compound. SCREEEEECH! I backed up for a better look and spotted some guy a-checkin' me out in the process.Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1738649Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1738650Click image for larger version

Name:	034.jpg
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1738651

It's a '58 3E7 longbed W/3spdOD. A really straight, solid example with the exception of the bed floor. Sadly, it was left neglected with the bed full of leaves for some years. Of course, such things CAN be fixed. And it WAS running when parked in this spot ten years ago. The feller I chatted with - his father-in-law had bought it new - his wife had learned to drive with this Transtar. It COULD be bought, I was told. I was asked to "make an offer", but declined. I countered with: "It's your stuff - you price it." LOL..... I followed with: "If it were reasonably priced, I think it would sell for....." He cut me short. "The wife an' I ain't reasonable." Do, that was that. I guess it was good that I didn't want it anyway.
    I did learn that it sports a Cadillac V8 - or at least, that's what some "research" had led him to believe.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

It's really too bad what people do to some of the nicest Vehicles!
    I can just picture that being one of the brand New Trucks Dad would occasionally bring home from the Dealership, all shiny Baby Blue and White Transtar Deluxe, WOW!

I recognize that "E" Series '63 Calif. Plate as a Los Angeles area commercial number, I'd bet it originated in that area.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, that plate frame is from Joannides Studebaker of Porterville, Ca. The truck was sold there new.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

BTW, this truck COULD be bought if someone was truly interested. I have NO idea what sorta money would be needed to do that. Still, it's a CRYIN' shame it's gonna sit here for sentimental reasons until these two croak. Every bit of it is there - right down to the oil bath air cleaner.

Comment

Working...
        X