64 gt 1/4 panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 gt 1/4 panels

I got the inside of my 1/4 panels and underside of the hood done yesterday. Gave it a good coat of tintable bed liner and plan to put the insulation pad under hood also. Plan to do the underside of the floor the same way when it's done. Should last a lot longer than me.

Steve

Nice work. There appears to be more and more folks using the bed liner on the underside of vehicles which seems like a good idea to me. Would you care to share what you use as bedliner, how you spray it and what do you use to spray it with.

I can see a couple of uses for it in my cars future.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Bob What I used on this was Armour Liner because the guy I get my SPI from was out and I saw a 57 pont. that he had done with the armour liner and looked as good as the spi. You mix it 4-1 and up to 20% laqu. thinner. You can add 4 ozs paint to a cup and it sprays from a body shotz gun. You just add thinner if you want it less thickness that you would a truck bed liner. I just gave it one good coat untill covered and it looks like a thick orange peeled paint job. It should be years before rust can get through this and the epoxzy primer I put on these 1/4 panels.

Comment

Happy to see the progress and I hope your wife is recovering well.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks Steve

Appreciate the time and effort to describe the liner and process. Bob

Comment

Been using bed liner for years, sticks like glue, tough as nails, easy to apply- just don't let it get on you or anything you don't want it on!
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Working...
            X