Interior feature comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior feature comment

Not a big thing, but are those clothing hooks that are over the rear quarter windows in my 1960 Lark 4 door wagon?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lark cargo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1738641

I tried to increase the photo size. I hope it displays larger. The hooks I'm referring to are at the top of the cargo area in the middle of both the rear quarter windows on my wagon. I assume they were for clothing hangers, but I would have expected the hooks to have been in the seat area where there is more room for clothing to hang, as opposed to in the back of the wagon where a jacket or shirt would end up laying on the wagon floor. Just something I noticed that seems out of place.
    Attached Files

Someone moved them or added them, they belong over the rear doors. I am beginning to think that this Car is WAY more modified than you ever guessed.

All of that White Paint on the wheelwells and Interior...not stock.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the hooks shouldn't be where they are. I actually use mine in our car and I'll move them.

I'm not surprised that there might have been adjustments in this puppy over time. Fortunately the repaint was a decent job, I like the car in white.

I'm off to pick it up. New shocks, new radiator, freeze plugs were fine, trans level fine, clutch adjusted (possibly needing to replace instead of adjust was in the back of both our minds), front end lubed and in good repair.

Yee ha. Brakes and tune up are likely next on the agenda, on my watch.

Comment

They used to sell accessory "clothes poles" that you could mount on the coat hooks across the back seat. You could travel with your clothes on the hanger in the pre "perma-prest" days. Maybe someone moved the coat hooks to the rear so they could still use the back seat?

Comment

Maybe a clothing Salesman's car?
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Studerich is right that thing is waaay too modified,...

I think you should sell it to me really cheap and I'll enjoy the heck out of it!!!

Just kidding. That looks like a nice drivable wagon and I'm really growing to like them.

I think the PO put them there so they could get jiggy with it in the back.

Hence you and your wife's disgust and the cheap price you sell it to me for.

Dean.

Comment

Now, now. Putting up a curtain to hide the hootchie mama action in the back...you're not sounding very 'proper' Studebakery.

Actually, I was sure that was what bench seats in the back of cars were FOR. As for where this car rolls, it rolls for me. (Donne anyone?) Lola has a new home and we're happy with her overspray and oddities. Your desire is noted and appreciated though.

Comment

HaHa,
                Studebakery people have their private moments too we are just older and have different reasons for trying to hide it.
                Heck back in the day who needed curtains anyway.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                  HaHa,
                  Studebakery people have their private moments too we are just older and have different reasons for trying to hide it.
                  Heck back in the day who needed curtains anyway.

Dean.
                  Ba-dah-BING! Actually, I was going with the curtains being a non-original aftermarket horror thing with the humor...THAT sort of immorality
                  Last edited by LeoH; 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X