Studebaker workers around the plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker workers around the plant

I found this photo on Facebook and thought I would share it. Somewhere a while back I remember seeing a photo of Studebaker employees walking out of building #84 at the end of the working day. Well, here is a photo of Studebaker workers getting ready to enter #84 after 50 years.

This is probably the largest single gathering of all Studebaker employees for one photo in a long time. All of these folks were at the building to prepare for the tours coming up on Friday. My "partner in crime" for tours, Tim Janowiak, is the guy standing in the middle behind the man in the suit. The building manager, Brain, is standing third from left. Brain has opened the building to the workers and to the SDC with open arms and is a great guy to work with. I'm standing all the way to the left.
    Chris Dresbach

A very historical moment. Thanks to everyone who made it happen and sharing the picture!
    Any of the workers comments and memories are also appreciated.

James
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

Comment

What an amazing day. All you had to do was shut up and listen.

Comment

That must have been an incredible day! I wish I could've been there. Congratulations to all who put this together.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Looking forward to hearing the Video Tape or minutes from the workers talks! Did you have a stenographer there?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No one has volunteered to video it and couldn't find sponsors so don't know what will happen.l.P.

Comment

Looking forward to Friday and this tour!
              Tom
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X