seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat covers

Anyone know of a company selling cheap slip in seat covers for the gt hawks. Just lookinng for something that will hold up for a year or two. Jc whitney use to sell them but looks like all that have is stuff for newer cars now.

All I'm going to say, is to be prepared to be jumped on by the purists in the forum.
    You'll get no information about that here. It will be a thousands dollars or nothing.
    But here was a Ebay ad I was looking at.

Comment

I am pretty sure that is the company I bought from, when I bought seat covers for the 62GT. They are OK, but just OK.

Comment

This isn't something that I wanted to do or plan to use long term. My wife ended up with breast cancer in late Jan. and the hawk restoreation got slowed way down. Trying to at least get it back driveable for this summer but need to watch the dollars I put into it for now untill I see where this leaves us money wise. We think they got it all and she seems to be doing good all but the chemo is hard on her.

Comment

JDP here on the forum used to sell quality seat covers. He may be able to steer you in the right direction. As far as purist, it's your car and you can do what you like to it !!! Just saying !!!

Comment

What's the name of his company? or website?

Comment

I used JDP's seat covers on my 63 GT before he stopped selling them. I was well satisfied with quality and price.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

I believe JDP bought his covers from Autocraft, a wholesale house. They got bought by Lebaron Bonney and sell the autocraft line in their EZ Boy line, click on their website and select custom covers. http://www.lebaronbonney.com/

I bought a set from them last fall and the only difference I saw from these and the Autocraft line is that the price increased. The quality appears the same. I believe these to be a good driver quality solution.

They were nice and easy to deal with.
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

How about J.C. Whitney? Sometimes their stuff is good.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I've looked at some of these but their about what my guy wants to redo to whole interrior. He thought about $3000 to totally redo everything, headliner,carpet, seats, door panels, package tray and trunk. Which is what I intend to do at some point. What I was looking for is just a cheap slip on cover that will hide the bad spots for now maybe even sheep skin.

Comment

I think this is his site http://stude.com/covers/ , man I hope he still sells, if so you could get for short term at least cloth front seat covers, for as low as 109 bucks! for something that I bet looks pretty good, that's a steal. Did he stop selling interior stuff completely? Just so were clear is this more what you meant when you said cheap temp covers? Only new of course

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                        I think this is his site http://stude.com/covers/ , man I hope he still sells, if so you could get for short term at least cloth front seat covers, for as low as 109 bucks! for something that I bet looks pretty good, that's a steal. Did he stop selling interior stuff completely? Just so were clear is this more what you meant when you said cheap temp covers? Only new of course
                        Yep, I stopped, need to edit the page.
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Awwww, that sucks. Is there anywere to get them that cheap anymore?

Comment

if it's just temporary, go to a flaps or wally (or the thousands of ebay sites) and just pick up a "cheapo" set that sorta fits. the $$$ saved will help when you purchase the upholstery that's needed for the final results...
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Hey here's a cheap idea that might work, I saw a craigslist ad awile back where the owner of a gt hawk that had found some early eighties cadillac bucket seat covers(the actual upolstery) and just slid them over the original seat covers, didn't look that good but still presentable. Hey It'd get you by until you do it right, right? And you could find those easy enough in a scrap yard.

Comment

Working...
                              X