Ducan1951 selling his Hawk???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducan1951 selling his Hawk???

I was browsing craigslist lastnight and noticed this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item19dbb2414c at first I was thinking that looks like nice car for the money but then realilized I knew this car, so I double checked his profile and yep it's his car. Wonder why he's selling it? He seemed to be enjoying it. He made no mention of the sale up here, so at first I was worried someone was using his pics for a scam. But by the ad description it's almost certainly him. Huh. Hope it's not for any bad reasons or something,

The car is also on ebay. He had mentioned possibly "flipping" it when he first bought it.

Comment

Oh crap did I say craigslist, I meant ebay, and added an ebay link, man I'm dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
        I was browsing craigslist lastnight and noticed this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item19dbb2414c at first I was thinking that looks like nice car for the money but then realilized I knew this car, so I double checked his profile and yep it's his car. Wonder why he's selling it? He seemed to be enjoying it. He made no mention of the sale up here, so at first I was worried someone was using his pics for a scam. But by the ad description it's almost certainly him. Huh. Hope it's not for any bad reasons or something,
        Yep it's mine. No bad reasons or anything - I'm a mechanical type guy and have gotten this car in good mechanical shape. Now it needs some quality body and paint work to make itstand proud and tall. If it doesn't sell I will drive and enjoy ( I really do like driving it ) and see what else I can improve on the car going forward. Never got the bug for body and paint, always the mechanical end and making things run and be dependable and safe. May be time for someone with the skills above my pay grade to take over if they want it to be "show" quality. Body work takes a seperate set of skill sets and a lot of patience -never been big on either. I also don't just want to open a check book and have someone else do the work - that's what I enjoy about the hobby is to do as much myself as I can - might have to learn new skills? Car is a good survivor but if I drive around in something I want it to be the best it can be or close to it and what it needs now I would rather let someone else attack - or the old dog may have to learn some new tricks. Also have my eye (just one) on a possible "new" project
        Dave
        Dave Hugo
        Wellford, SC
        1940 Champion
        1950 Champion Coupe
        1955 President Coupe
        1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

I hope the new project is a Studebaker, Dave.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I hope the new project is a Studebaker, Dave.
            Yep, looking at that possibility and/or maybe another orphan nameplate named after the famed Desoto Indian tribe
            Dave Hugo
            Wellford, SC
            1940 Champion
            1950 Champion Coupe
            1955 President Coupe

Comment

Dave, congrats (i reckon ), on your ebay sale...

i hope you find a Stude "keeper" and stick around!!! my bid was over $2K low, but more than i should have done given my circumstances...
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

That looks like a pretty nice ride!
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                  Dave, congrats (i reckon ), on your ebay sale...

i hope you find a Stude "keeper" and stick around!!! my bid was over $2K low, but more than i should have done given my circumstances...
                  Thank You and thank you for bidding. I will stick around - too good of a group to leave behind even if next project is a brand X I will still be around to watch, learn and appreciate the studebaker owners input and appreciation of fine automobiles - odds are very good that there are more studes in my future.

Dave Hugo

Dave
                  Dave Hugo
                  Wellford, SC
                  1940 Champion
                  1950 Champion Coupe
                  1955 President Coupe

Comment

Also plan on remaining a member of SDC both national and local chapter - have to get my Turning Wheels issues!
                    Dave Hugo
                    Wellford, SC
                    1940 Champion
                    1950 Champion Coupe
                    1955 President Coupe

Comment

Gee, what a nice tour car; cloth seats, overdrive, and a 2-bbl carb. Just right...as soon as you anchor the battery before leaving on the tour! BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, leaving the proper battery hold down for the new owner to battle with you over - for now the bungee will have to do. If car didn't sell it was the next thing on my to do list - PROMISE
                        Dave Hugo
                        Wellford, SC
                        1940 Champion
                        1950 Champion Coupe
                        1955 President Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by duncan1951 View Post
                          Yep, looking at that possibility and/or maybe another orphan nameplate named after the famed Desoto Indian tribe
                          How about DeSoto, the explorer, not an "Indian tribe"? I have never owned either.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            How about DeSoto, the explorer, not an "Indian tribe"? I have never owned either.
                            You are correct! I knew I should have stayed awake more in school
                            Had a Jeep Cherokee once but that's a different tribe all together.
                            Dave Hugo
                            Wellford, SC
                            1940 Champion
                            1950 Champion Coupe
                            1955 President Coupe

Comment

Working...
                            X