PDA

View Full Version : 53-55 sedan front fenders...

Nox
04-26-2013, 12:53 PM
I was gonna put the front fenders back on to be able to move the car with it's battery in normal position, so it was time to cut away the rust & weld in some new...o now I'm wondering if anybody's got

But maaan the amount of filler they've used!!! I knew there was some of it but I never expected all THIS! ...& it goes from the lowest point & up over the trim-edge 'bout 4 inches... & under the air-intake & so on...
& then there's the front area too...

So now I'm wondering if anybody knows what the cost might be for a pair of fairly rust-free ( doesn't have to be dent-free) ones + the over-sea shipping?
& ofcourse if there are any available?

(I reckon it's gonna be expensive so I probably can't afford it but if I don't ask I'll be laying sleepless for years to come...)

warrlaw1
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Bob Peterson (CandBStudebaker) supplied nice California fenders for my 55K. He's in the vendor section and will probably see this post. Good luck.

STEWDI
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I have a pair of "shop worn" (some scratches, no dents) but NOS '53 to early '55 sedan front fenders that I'll sell cheap, but I have no idea about shipping. Is there a business that will handle the packing and shipping reasonably?

Nox
04-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Hmmm... I don't have a clue 'bout business/companies that handle this kinda stuff 'cause I've never ordered or bought anything from over-sea before.
I thought there might be someone 'round this forum who had done this kinda stuff?

& one other thing that just hit me now is that the customs might charge loads of money also...
I just put out the question in a kinda panic, didn't even think 'bout the difference in fendrs for flat windscreen & wrap-around, & ofcourse I've got the wrap-around. ("Silly me" as the English says... Silly-silly I would say myself!)

But have anyone seen the two different fender-models aside & compared them?
I'm thinking that maby they only changed the doors & the cowl-bit... ...maby? ...hopefully! ...& why not?

wolfie
04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I have a pair of "shop worn" (some scratches, no dents) but NOS '53 to early '55 sedan front fenders that I'll sell cheap, but I have no idea about shipping. Is there a business that will handle the packing and shipping reasonably?
There are a number of places in our area that package stuff to ship. See if you have a UPS store or Pakmail near you. Steve

Nox
05-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Srewdi! I did send you a private message with a few questions, didn't it turn up?

Nox.

StudeRich
05-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Srewdi! ???? If you called him that he MIGHT not answer! :D

Nox
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Well what'ya know... I must've missed that day in school!
Don't really know if it's a habit of mine thou & if I spelled it as anti-good in the message.