Visit with some Brand X Clubs this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit with some Brand X Clubs this weekend

With so many brand x car clubs wanting to see Studebaker's, it's always nice to have Studebaker people come visit and join the fun.
    If you are in the Northwest and want to kick some tires this weekend, we have the following 3 car clubs coming to Bellingham to see Studebaker's Saturday.

• The Woodinville Classic Cruisers
    • The Seattle area Pontiac Club
    • The Skagit - Snohomish Horseless Carriage Club

It's a great way to meet other people who enjoy old vehicles and appreciate learning and seeing the great marque of Studebaker.
    We will have coffee and doughnuts waiting and you are invited to join us!

James Bell
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

If you should happen to attend not driving a Stude be sure to let the parking guy (me) know you are StudeFolk.
    It's always nice to be able to put faces with names...

Rumor has it the fun starts around 10:30AM.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I love it when clubs of various makes get together and talk cars. We'll be doing just that on Armed Forces Day at the NY State Veterans' Home in Stony Brook, Long Island. We have an annual car show and all clubs are invited. It's usually pretty successful. It's fun to see the vets come out of the home just to see the cars and recall the cars of their youth.

Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Pictures!

When Non-Studebaker people ask if they can drive over a hundred miles to see some Studebaker's, it's hard to disappoint them, especially when there is a great group of Studebaker people who make sure they have a good time.

Thanks to many club and forum members near Bellingham, who made the Brand X Clubs have such a great time this weekend!

Can you identify these 3 cars?

This one has super low mileage since the original family put it in storage until 1990.
        Original paint, etc. and incredible car, even if it's not a Studebaker.

Hostess Connie and Stephanie had coffee and treats ready for the visitors.

Educate others about everything Studebaker with a slide show and videos.

People enjoy seeing unfinished projects and cars that are not roped off.
        They also comment how refreshing it is to enjoy vehicles they could imagine owning (they don't have to be perfect, or expensive cars).

They are amazed when you ask if they would like to sit in a Studebaker.

Part of one group had to show us what they had in common (notice the 55 in bottom corner of banner).

Although it was a rainy day and only 42 people came, they all thought Studebaker's were cool and left with a sunny smile

Cheers,

James Bell
        Attached Files
        Bellingham, WA.

Comment

I enjoyed being there James, good fellowship with great Auto Enthusiasts. Good Coffee, Doughnuts and People, Thank you.
          OH, and some nice Brand X's!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I enjoyed being there James, good fellowship with great Auto Enthusiasts. Good Coffee, Doughnuts and People, Thank you.
            OH, and some nice Brand X's!
            Thanks Rich!

Having you and all the other Studebaker people there was very much appreciated by all the visitors.
            Ask Stude Dave if he got any good pictures of their cars. Maybe someone can identify some of them. The 50's Pontiac hardtop with tri-power was sure a nice one.

In the last month we have received the following new requests by other groups to visit Bellingham to see Studebaker's.

A Canadian Hot Rod Club
            A Model A Club
            A Seattle Corvette Club
            Merill Gardens Assisted Living

It's amazing how just word of mouth travels when people have a great time with Studebaker's!

Regards,

James
            Bellingham, WA.

Comment

I'm surprised! No one accepted James' challenge to name the three cars. The left one is easy (Cadillac) probably 1912, the right one is a Dodge Brothers likely 1915 to 17. The middle one is a bit more of a challenge. It is a Winton of about 1912 to 13.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Bellingham Studenut View Post
                Ask Stude Dave if he got any good pictures of their cars. Maybe someone can identify some of them. The 50's Pontiac hardtop with tri-power was sure a nice one. James
                I did take some decent pics of the cars.
                But Dad had trouble posting them from what I understand.
                I'll see what I can do to get them posted later tonight.
                The ('55?) Poncho was not a hardtop, but the '55 Bel Air was.

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                I'm surprised! No one accepted James' challenge to name the three cars. Terry
                I didn't think it would be fair for me to play since I was there.
                My ugly mug can even be seen in a few of the pictures James posted.
                Wait'll you see what it looks like under that Winton's hood!!!

BTW~ You forgot the Model 'A' on the end...
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...