Tell Me About My 232 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me About My 232 Engine

At a recent show I had the hood up all day as people seemed to be as interested in the 232 engine as in the car's exterior. Can someone or several someones fill me in on what makes the engine unusual besides its rarity? I definitely need to know more about the air cleaner. Pics in signature link below if needed.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Tim, you can pick and choose from the Studebaker V8 Features in this dissertation awhile back:

Post any questions you have after checking that out. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nothing unusual about the air cleaner. The carb. has an air horn that points to the rear/horizontal and the air cleaner attaches to that via a tube. All of this is simply to give clearance for the low hood.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks to Bob and Gary. Exactly the info I was hoping for.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

You may fine some of the information in this article interesting too. http://www.studebaker-info.org/text3/studenghist.txt

Comment

Working...
          X