Speedo rebuilder at South bend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo rebuilder at South bend?

I would like to have a speedometer for a 55 C/K refreshed. Anybody going to South Bend that does this? Swap for my good core + $? Thanks. DW Also need another V8 fuel pump or two.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Dave,

Try Russ at Canandian Studebaker for your fuel pump.....he may even have a speedo.
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I found the link, Bill. Fuel pumps are there, no mention of speedos or guages. Anybody going to Badenoch?

Comment

Isn't EVERYONE going to Badenoch??

This Saturday, April 27, 2013 at Badenoch Community Centre. 9 - 3, coffee should be ready by ~ 8:30. Details below.
        40th Annual Ontario Chapter Spring Swap Meet
        Badenoch Community Centre
        SaturdayApril 27, 2013
        Come one and all to the Annual Ontario Chapter Swap Meet. Its a goodtime to dust off the Studebakers and drive them down to the Old BadenochSchool. Bring any spare parts you have for sale. If you are on the hunt forsome parts, now is the time to meet some of your fellow SDC members and seewhat they have to offer. There are still hundreds of Studebakers and lots ofparts left in Ontario.

Blackboard WANTED and FOR SALE Ads. Sometimes you don't see the car or part youwant, or its too big for a vendor to bring. ASK FOR IT, and you may find it orfind the person that has it.

Date: Saturday April 27, 2013. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The doors will be opened at8:30 a.m. at which point I will start the coffee.

Place: Badenoch Community Centre, less than 10 minutes away from 401 and Hwy #6South.

Directions: From Highway #401, take Highway #6 South (Highway #6 South may alsobe called Brock Road). Just South of the Highway #401 is the very nice town ofMorriston, with several antique stores. Turn left (East) on Wellington Road#36. Wellington Road #36 crosses Highway #401 to the north side of the Highway#401. As you enter Badenoch, (there's only a house or two, and they are notreally on the corner - you'll see a sign in front of a field on the right handside with BADENOCH on it) turn right and the Badenoch Community Centre (school)is on the left.

www.ontariosdc.caor call Paul Revell (905) 584-6445

Comment

Badenoch? Haven't you guys up there in the frozen North got any GOODenochs?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

LOL, Rich. This country has many wierd and wonderful names, some Celtic, some Scottish, some Huron, some Cree.... Couple meets a wierdly dressed fellow in Atlanta airport. Wife is curious about where he's from so hubby walks over and asks him. He says: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Wife wants to know whewre he's from, but hubby says: I still don't know. He doesn't speak English!

Comment

Yes, Rich, Dave is right, we are not very original. I knew the origin was Scottish, but Wickopedia supplied the rest below. The "och" part sounds more like a low gravelly throat sound.

Badenoch
              (from the Scottish Gaelic meaning drowned land) is a traditional district which today forms part of Badenoch and Strathspey, an area of Highland Council, in Scotland, bounded on the north by the Monadhliath Mountains, on the east by the Cairngorms and Braemar, on the south by Atholl and the Grampians, and on the west by Lochaber. The capital of Badenoch is Kingussie.

We also have some Canadian places where the origins of the name are not so certain - it is a confusing blend.

Then again, you have lots of places like Terre Haute, Indiana. (which I presume is a mispronounced French name) in a state named after Natives.

Comment

We have a place called Loch Nairn near us. Not far from Bala Cydwyd!
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Wow! Why can't they all be like; Oak Glen, Maple Ridge, Maple Falls, Pinegrove, Pleasantville, Smallville, Shasta Lake, Salt Lake City, etc., etc., etc? Maybe not Amity Island!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X