PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness change ?w/Hawk non standard type

hawk58man
04-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Someone was trying to, or is using an off the shelf general wiring harness on the Hawk.Can't remember 'Who" and have you found anything to fit??Have you found anything that has worked? Painless wiring, Ron Francis. Looking for upgraded one. Have you found any? or could you recommend one for a 58 Hawk. Thanks..

rusty nut garage
04-21-2013, 02:31 PM
STUDEBAKERS WEST makes direct replacement harnesses. That are made with modern wiring (insulation). Easy to work with near as perfect fit as you'd expect. If you want after market google rebel wiring. Nice harnesses and very affordable compared to painless or Francis

Someone was trying to, or is using an off the shelf general wiring harness on the Hawk.Can't remember 'Who" and have you found anything to fit??Have you found anything that has worked? Painless wiring, Ron Francis. Looking for upgraded one. Have you found any? or could you recommend one for a 58 Hawk. Thanks..

Jackson
04-21-2013, 06:34 PM
I am in the process of rewiring my Speedster with an EZ 21 circuit harness ($185). I have completed the initial layout, installed the terminal strips and then removed the harness to allow for bodywork and paint. Work will continue when the car returns from the body shop.

hawk58man
04-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Thank you both for the info.Will see what Studebaker West has to offer and I did have some info on the EZ harness's 21 circuit..

warrlaw1
04-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Stude Int'l supplied mine, probably from another Stude vendor. Took a week or two to fab, but easy install and the price was good. Good luck.

hawk58man
04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks..for the info..