Studebaker sightings at National Route 66 Museum in Elk City, OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker sightings at National Route 66 Museum in Elk City, OK

Yesterday my wife and I were on a trip out to western OK and decided to stop into the National Route 66 Museum in Elk City, OK as we have never been there before. The Complex is several buildings and building facades made to look like an Oklahoma town at the time of statehood (1907) and later up to the time of the early completion of US Route 66. The complex has three museum areas the Route 66 museum, Old town museum, and the Farm & Ranch museum. While going through the museums I took pictures of a 1962 Hawk GT and of a Studebaker wagon (see below). The Hawk GT had the front end lifted up on jack stands and a drip pan underneath as if someone has been working on it or perhaps they tilted it back to help with the oil drips. Does anyone know who these belonged to or if they are on loan to the museum.

sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

When we visited that museum in 2003 as part of our chapter Route 66 trip, in the outhouse one wall was plastered with a full-page newspaper ad for the all new 1953 Studebaker. My camera was out of memory so I didn't get a shot of it.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I missed that Paul, maybe next time I'll check out the outhouse, yesterday I used the restroom instead.
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
      X