Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its finally home! (Robert Andrews 1971 Avanti)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its finally home! (Robert Andrews 1971 Avanti)

After one year, the mechanical restoration of my 1971 Avanti II is compete. It included off-frame restoration, replaced hogtroughs, repaired frame and suspension, rebuilt engine and transmission. It runs awesome and looks great even though it needs to be repainted, something that will eventually be done.

This was my Dad's car, Robert F. Andrews, one of the designers of the Avanti project. This was his personal Avanti (he never owned a Studebaker Avanti). He bought it new in 1971 and has been in the family ever since. It has been stored in a garage since Dad's death in 1991 until last year when I took it to Avanti Restoration and Service in Greenfield. Mike Baker and Rick Moon did a fantastic job on the restoration.

I will be up in South Bend on May 3-4 at the Swap Meet; it will be the first showing of the car since the restoration and probably the first time its been at a meet since the late '80's. Dad was a regular at the SDC and AOAI meets in the Midwest in the '70's and '80's so for some of you, it will be seeing an old friend again.
    Attached Files

PS: I have no idea why the pic was uploaded upside down.....I'm not in Australia!

Comment

Beautiful car, indeed!

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of putting you back on your feet. <G>:
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Very nice car, enjoy it!

(I thought maybe it was still on the rotisserie)
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Nice car!
          It's great to see a "II" in a stock Studebaker Avanti color...or close to it.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by Indyted View Post
            PS: I have no idea why the pic was uploaded upside down.....I'm not in Australia!
            I am in Australia, looks fine to me!
            Dave Pink
            Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
            1925 ER Tourer
            1925 Panel Delivery
            1953 Champion Sedan
            1957 Golden Hawk
            1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
            http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Great, Ted; 'glad to see it back in the air. Mike and Rick do nice work, don't they? BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
              X