Coupe express advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe express advice

While waiting to get in touch with Jeff Rice, I figured I'd ask the forum. I have a lead on two 39 coupe express's. One is a complete truck with only a little rust in the cowl, but none elsewhere, even the floors, typical truck dings and dents, been sitting inside many years, not running, needs everything restored, but all there. The other is a abandoned street rod project, cab sitting a GM chassis, front clip with spare tire wheel, good bed and rear fenders. The guy wears 10K for both, any guidance ? I know the 37 is the hot ticket, what about the 39's ?

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Just ask Richard Quinn how few you will find and the prices they are now going for.

Comment

Just ask Richard Quinn how few you will find and the prices they are now going for.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

While waiting to get in touch with Jeff Rice, I figured I'd ask the forum. I have a lead on two 39 coupe express's. One is a complete truck with only a little rust in the cowl, but none elsewhere, even the floors, typical truck dings and dents, been sitting inside many years, not running, needs everything restored, but all there. The other is a abandoned street rod project, cab sitting a GM chassis, front clip with spare tire wheel, good bed and rear fenders. The guy wears 10K for both, any guidance ? I know the 37 is the hot ticket, what about the 39's ?

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        64 GT R2
        63 Lark 2 door
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

DROP EVERYTHING AND OUT THE DOOR NOW!! (Unless you already have them in your driveway!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          64 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

DROP EVERYTHING AND OUT THE DOOR NOW!! (Unless you already have them in your driveway!

Craig

Comment

I dabble with trucks, but do not profess to know much on the pre M series models. However, they were made in limited numbers and do not often show up. If it is as solid as you say, I think you need to pull the trigger.

On the other hand, you could get this one.

Currently $9,897.50 less, a bit closer and I have an 8 foot M series bed that will drop on the back.

Comment

I dabble with trucks, but do not profess to know much on the pre M series models. However, they were made in limited numbers and do not often show up. If it is as solid as you say, I think you need to pull the trigger.

On the other hand, you could get this one.

Currently $9,897.50 less, a bit closer and I have an 8 foot M series bed that will drop on the back.

Comment

A '39 was recently bid to $85,000 at an auction in Lock Haven, Pa.; did not meet the $100,000 reserve. Still available, if you want it.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A '39 was recently bid to $85,000 at an auction in Lock Haven, Pa.; did not meet the $100,000 reserve. Still available, if you want it.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have had NO expeirence with a Coupe Express but I did have a 41 Chev PU that I Street Rodded a few years back. It was all original looking with just a motor transplant and drivetrain up grade. First class overall truck. Sold it for the following reason. It was to small to drive long distances. I expected to have no problems selling as everyone likes the way they look, but it was not easy to sell because of the size. I guess what I am saying is on the street Rod truck although it is going to look great it is not that easy to sell. I got $25,000.00 for mine and I think I got the top of the market. Just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I have had NO expeirence with a Coupe Express but I did have a 41 Chev PU that I Street Rodded a few years back. It was all original looking with just a motor transplant and drivetrain up grade. First class overall truck. Sold it for the following reason. It was to small to drive long distances. I expected to have no problems selling as everyone likes the way they look, but it was not easy to sell because of the size. I guess what I am saying is on the street Rod truck although it is going to look great it is not that easy to sell. I got $25,000.00 for mine and I think I got the top of the market. Just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Greetings, JDP, et al,

The Coupe Express is one of the most beautiful Studebakers ever. It is/was too small for me to drive. Sitting in the one I wanted badly, the only thing I could see was the windshield header. No leg room, no head room, no elbow room. Love the style, but, as KGlowacky says, they were built back in the days when hobbits roamed the shire. Just not enough room for modern drivers and long road trips.

thnx, jv

PackardV8
                        PackardV8

Comment

Greetings, JDP, et al,

The Coupe Express is one of the most beautiful Studebakers ever. It is/was too small for me to drive. Sitting in the one I wanted badly, the only thing I could see was the windshield header. No leg room, no head room, no elbow room. Love the style, but, as KGlowacky says, they were built back in the days when hobbits roamed the shire. Just not enough room for modern drivers and long road trips.

thnx, jv

PackardV8
                          PackardV8

Comment

Quick question, was the passenger side tire fender mount a option or standard ? Sal is not sure, but he thought one truck had it, one did not.

JDP/Maryland
                            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                            64 GT R2
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            52 & 53 Starliner
                            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Quick question, was the passenger side tire fender mount a option or standard ? Sal is not sure, but he thought one truck had it, one did not.

JDP/Maryland
                              64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                              64 GT R2
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              52 & 53 Starliner
                              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X