Working on the new toy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the new toy!!!

Sold my 65 cruiser and got a 61 champ pickup. It has a 61 silver hawk 289 that is built for the street but is quite impressive IMO. It also has a rebuilt t-10 out of the same silver hawk. This was my fathers and he is sending me a list of everything done to the engine so I only know bits and pieces right now. Engine is fresh with about an hour on it trans has been rebuilt but has not yet run. Spent today installing lengthened driveshaft and building custom clutch linkage. 6-7 hours on my back under the truck on the concrete is not near as fun as it was 20 years ago! If someone can inform me how to upload pics now I will it doesn't seem to work the wat it used to.
    Last edited by Greg H; 04-20-2013, 07:46 AM.

Was able to load pics, not sure what I think about the taillights yet. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg H View Post
      Was able to load pics, not sure what I think about the taillights yet. What do you guys think?
      Way better than the after thought accessory ones that came on it standard. The truck is modified and the tail lights fit well into the theme.

BTW, very nice truck.

Bob

Comment

Greg. Nice truck keep the pictures coming. Just picked up a 61 champ myself for next winters project. Plan to build this out of it. Steve

Comment

I love it, especially the wheel/tire/paint combo....that and a 289/4spd combo is hot X2. junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I really like the step side Champs! Looks like its in great condition

Comment

Congrats on the new to you ride. Some fat rubber on the rear for sure.

A mod done before that looks right at home is the center lense of a 77-79 caddy coupe deville!
              Enjoy and hang out with the gang. Spring/Summer is right around the corner, perfect time to join up with
              other Studes.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I think the Lucite and LED Tail Light is a good idea but, this one is too large, centered vertically on the bedside and 1/3 the length would look great, or the Caddy Lights mentioned.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Example of the Caddy tail lights:

I purchased a set of tail lights like in the original post for my truck, but after test fitting them, decided to leave it alone.
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

IMHO The full length lights don't fit with the hot rod vibe of this truck.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice looking truck you got there!

Comment

I purchased my Champ a year ago. I like it better than any Stude I have ever had. I hope you do too. It looks like you have a great project there.
                        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Nice looking Champ. Love the look of the whole package. I too have a 61 like yours that some day will look as good as yours. I got sidelined recently from working on it by purchasing a Champ from a guy on CL who said it was a 61 (it was titled that way) but is actually a 66 with the mods to make it the way Stude would have built it in 66. It has the stepside bed and Caddy tailights like yours. Truck is in black satin also. Glad to see another person with a similar project.
                          Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
                          65 Cruiser
                          64 Champ
                          40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

O yes ; Thats way nicer than any Cruiser . Don`t mess with it - looks great .....................

Comment

I hope no Cruiser guys see this . ^ ^ ^ Doh ............

Comment

Working...
                              X